are sword/kris illegal to import to U.s.?

cua

In general sense, are swords not allowed to be imported to the U.s. ? let us say a long
muslim kris from the philippines . wuld appreiacdte lettimg me anybodys best knowlege about this. thanks.

Swords are legal to import to the US. Most swords on the market are made in other countries. As far as brining swords home yourself, the only rule I know of is the import tax. IIRC, you owe no taxes if the amount your are importing is less than $400.00, but since swords are much cheaper in the Philippines than here, you'd still save money even with the tax. Two years ago I went to the Philippines and brought back an antique barong, a bolo, and some decorative kris. The customs agent asked what I had and I told him that I had swords and he said ok. His real concern was whether I had fruits because of possible contamination. In case you do have to pay taxes, make sure you get recipts on everything.

While Benjamin is basically correct, are you bringing this Kris yourself/sending it with someone? Or are you planning to export from the Philippines/import into the US as a business? That's another ball of wax, though the legality is still the same, just a different set of rules.

Im capable of doing all those. but needs to know the rules first.and how the authorities associaste these things than bringing say,a balisong a switchblade or something similar.are you sure its not as badly associated like a balisong. and sometimes may even even view as
a "cultural"thing pehaps.? what If I say these are all mine,( even perhaps several pcs. of them.) and I wish to give it to somebody as a gift/souvenier, its been w/ me for a long time. isnt that kind of reasoning acceptable..? .?

Back