Are there any new Buck Strider knives for 2005?

While Strider will remain thoughtfull of how to fulfill their Buck/Strider fans, at the same time they dont want to have a knife that fills the exact same nitch with the exact same feel as one of theirs. The Buck/Striders might be simular, but so far they have not been the same.

I am glad that they are continuing to come out with new knives often.

The 880 & 881 folders have been out for a while. I wonder if buck will discontinue the 880 & 881 folders for a total new design or an updated design.

http://nbox00.tripod.com

I'd like to see them license the axis lock and start doing an axis lock knife. I have the BM 705 and BM 735 (will be selling it as it is too large for me), but I have a mini-buck/strider coming in and would like to see it as smooth as my 705. Talk about a stout lock-up!!

IMHO - Buck 110 with 1/4" thick blade of ATS34 or CPM S30 and G10 scales, liner lock and Titanium handle will be more tactical then everything on the market now.

Thanks, Vassili.

nonbox said:
Will the low cost version of the Solution be zytel handle and 420 steel?

http://nbox00.tripod.com

G10 Handle

420HC version as well as a high end steel 154cm or ATS etc.

Still in the development phase, but I would like to have two versions.

ok, so we heard about the fixed blades. What do we have on tap for folders?

I'm looking forward to a full sized AR/GB folder. Don't care what steel, so long as it's heat treated by Bos. G10 obviously, drilled for tip up and down carry, cause I'm just crazy like that.

fulloflead said:
I'd like to see 1/4" thick blades.
I'd like to see blade shapes modeled after the GB and AR where the blade belly drops below the edge of the handle.

I second that! Bring out the folding Alpha Hunter with an aluminum/alloy frame, G10 scales, and S30V or BG42. Not THAT would be a real Buckbenza!

A modified Solution without that huge useless choil would be nice! Of course, that's just my opinion. :(

Nobody said:
A modified Solution without that huge useless choil would be nice! Of course, that's just my opinion. :(

The benefit of Strider's choil design is so the knife can be re-sharpened many times while keeping its Geometry. If you have noticed, knives with small or no choils start to get a bit of unwanted recurve once they have been re edged many times. It also allows you to choke up for detailed work.

-Josh

Nobody said:

I would like to see the choil added to the 880 series myself.

I would also like to see a framelock Strider in the lineup.

Edited to add I am hoping for stonewash instead of beadblast.

Back