• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

arizona custom knives

Have a real beef with Arizona Custom Knives. Purchased a rare Kiko Matsuda knife and paid for it. It was almost $800. Later they told me that they did not actually have the listed knife and offered store credit. In particular, Andrew McMichael was a real jerk. I will never do business with them again and would advise caution. I have read that some of their knives are fakes, but this transparent rip off scheme was new to me. Buyer beware.

Strange, I and so very many others have had the exact opposite experience. I find them and he to be the great to work with and always willing to go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.

Also strange, in my opinion, is you joining here just to trash someone, welcome to a bunch of ignore lists Im guessing.

I would expect a FULL refund, not a store credit.

Something doesn't feel right about your complaint, if they have an excellent track record for good customer service, why would they randomly decide to be terrible, and start with you?

I'm always wary when a new members very first post is to criticize someone and say that they are a crook.

I have to believe that if a vendor did as the OP described, and if they refused to provide a full refund, that it would be highly illegal. So if it's true, demand a full refund, and if you don't get it threaten legal action, threaten to contact the Florida Attorney General, etc. If it's true.

I’ve had great interactions with Andrew in person and via email. Bought and sold there.

My multiple dealings with Arizona Knife both buying and selling were great- never a glitch.

I'm always wary when a new members very first post is to criticize someone and say that they are a crook.

I have to believe that if a vendor did as the OP described, and if they refused to provide a full refund, that it would be highly illegal. So if it's true, demand a full refund, and if you don't get it threaten legal action, threaten to contact the Florida Attorney General, etc. If it's true.
^^^ THIS ^^^

I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with them the few times I’ve purchased from them. Quick shipping and no taxes.

All positive experiences with me over the last few years. A full refund would be expected if you paid for a specific knife and then they didn’t have that knife in stock.

I'm another who has both bought & sold via AZCK and its been trouble-free every time. I've gotten a handful of knives made by a custom knifemaker here in north Florida and he also sells with Arizona and loves them.

I have had no problem either.
If the claim is true, I would expect a full refund, and if they didn't comply would move to my payment provider. House credit is not enough

I'm another who has both bought & sold via AZCK and its been trouble-free every time. I've gotten a handful of knives made by a custom knifemaker here in north Florida and he also sells with Arizona and loves them.
Same with me

One post wonder backfire extraordinaire.

Have a real beef with Arizona Custom Knives. Purchased a rare Kiko Matsuda knife and paid for it. It was almost $800. Later they told me that they did not actually have the listed knife and offered store credit. In particular, Andrew McMichael was a real jerk. I will never do business with them again and would advise caution. I have read that some of their knives are fakes, but this transparent rip off scheme was new to me. Buyer beware.
Interesting complaint from someone who joined BF yesterday...........?

I have purchased and sold many, many knives through them over a 15 year period and I have dealt extensively with Andrew. He is always courteous, professional and super accommodating, as is the entire organisation of ACK.
They are one of my favourite online dealers.

Why do I get the feeling there is more to the story than we have been told?

Last edited:
They appear to be a good company. Politely refuse the store credit, and ask for a full refund. If they do not respond in a positive manner, just do a chargeback on your credit card. They can’t keep your money without proof that they sent the knife. Make a copy of your purchase receipt. Keep the communication courteous.

Add me to the list of those who have had nothing but positive experiences when dealing with them and your post is the only thing I’ve ever read that accused them of selling fakes.

Back