Armiger 2 clip point

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
The other day I was browsing YouTube when I saw this cool looking little knife next to it's larger brother in a URL picture
AR2-Clip.jpg
I watched a little bit and was thinking this is kind of like the Cold steel secret edge I wanted as a teenager but never bought due to the serrated edge.
it's a little bigger I believe, but it's also better looking in my opinion.
I was vaguely aware of the company ( I'm exclusively into traditional knives but don't live under a rock ) so I went on their site and it was only $20 so I ordered it.

Here's the thing, I assumed the knife was American made with an imported sheath when I ordered it and didn't think to check the COO till after it had already shipped.
Maybe the price should have been a giveaway, but the American made Buck 684 is only $25 and this knife is much smaller so I didn't question it.
Plus it boldly says MADE IN USA twice at the top of their website.

I'm not complaining or blaming them or anything, just a little bummed because It's not American made like I thought
If it was made here I wouldn't question a $45 pricetag one bit.
I still think it'll be a great little knife and if I can get over the fact that it's made in TAIWAN instead of AMERICA I'm sure I'll really like it.
I'm thinking I'll carry it at work as a handy cardboard knife, probably take the dumb keychain off and attach it to my belt with some paracord.

The other knife I was thinking of is the Super edge, looking at the specs it seems this will be the same blade length but maybe a slightly longer handle ?

I could see this knife being favored over that little cold steel if the word gets out about them, right know they don't seem to be very well known.

The other day I was browsing YouTube when I saw this cool looking little knife next to it's larger brother in a URL picture
View attachment 2361939
I watched a little bit and was thinking this is kind of like the Cold steel secret edge I wanted as a teenager but never bought due to the serrated edge.
I was vaguely aware of the company ( I'm exclusively into traditional knives but don't live under a rock ) so I went on their site and it was only $20 so I ordered it.

Here's the thing, I assumed the knife was American made with an imported sheath when I ordered it and didn't think to check the COO till after it had already shipped.
Maybe the price should have been a giveaway, but the American made Buck 684 is only $25 and this knife is much smaller so I didn't question it.

I'm not complaining or blaming them or anything, just a little bummed because It's not American made like I thought
I still think it'll be a great little knife and if I can get over the fact that it's made in TAIWAN instead of AMERICA I'm sure I'll really like it.
I'm thinking I'll carry it at work as a handy cardboard knife, probably take the dumb keychain off and attach it to my belt with some paracord.
See below edited post.

Last edited:
View attachment 2361939

Hey Hickory n steel,

I see at the top of the Demko website about the Made in the USA. In between it has MGAD20 MGAD20S. Meaning that the MG (machine ground) AD20 and AD20S are made in the USA. For die hard Demko fans and us here at Demko Knives it’s clear what that means. That being said I can readily see where that might be confusing if you or anyone else are unfamiliar with the lineup. We just changed the verbiage to have more clarity. We certainly aren’t trying to dupe any customers and you can return it if you aren’t happy with it.
The Armiger series (as well as all knives being sold) does state it is made in Taiwan in the product specifications. We do have American Made FreeReign knives sporadically also.
As for the Buck 684 comparison in prices I do see your point as well. One thing to consider is quantity. Buck is a huge company probably making thousands of these and Demko Knives isn’t getting these made in those large numbers. So it’s kinda like pricing at Walmart vs the local Mom and Pop store. The other part is our excellent customer service. Whether contacting us through the website or here on BF customers will get a timely response.

Last edited:
Hey Hickory n steel,

I see at the top of the Demko website about the Made in the USA. In between it has MGAD20 MGAD20S. Meaning that the MG (machine ground) AD20 and AD20S are made in the USA. For die hard Demko fans and us here at Demko Knives it’s clear what that means. That being said I can readily see where that might be confusing if you or anyone else are unfamiliar with the lineup. We just changed the verbiage to have more clarity. We certainly aren’t trying to dupe any customers and you can return it if you aren’t happy with it.
The Armiger series (as well as all knives being sold) does state it is made in Taiwan in the product specifications. We do have American Made FreeReign knives sporadically also.
As for the Buck 684 comparison in prices I do see your point as well. One thing to consider is quantity. Buck is a huge company probably making thousands of these and Demko Knives isn’t getting these made in those large numbers. So it’s kinda like pricing at Walmart vs the local Mom and Pop store. The other part is our excellent customer service. Whether contacting us through the website or here on BF customers will get a timely response.
Thank you for the reply.
I don't blame you're company at all, I don't know a lot about your knives and just didn't look into the product information much.
Assumptions make an ass out of you and me, and I should not have assumed.
I certainly understand your point with my comparison to the particular Buck knife and had that same thought myself, they have knives in every Walmart every sporting goods store and every hardware store.
I was just pointing out that my assumption of it being made here was in the realm of possibility, I understand why it's not abd I also understand that I may be the only person who'd give that fact a second thought.

I am actually starting to change my attitude some and become more excited to receive this knife, I view it as being better than that cold steel knife I wanted as a teenager.
It looks better, there's 2 blade shape and edge options, and based on specs I think the handle should be slightly longer.

Last edited:
these little armigers are made of 4034 steel?

Thank you for the reply.
I don't blame you're company at all, I don't know a lot about your knives and just didn't look into the product information much.
Assumptions make an ass out of you and me, and I should not have assumed.
I certainly understand your point with my comparison to the particular Buck knife and had that same thought myself, they have knives in every Walmart every sporting goods store and every hardware store.
I was just pointing out that my assumption of it being made here was in the realm of possibility, I understand why it's not abd I also understand that I may be the only person who'd give that fact a second thought.

I am actually starting to change my attitude some and become more excited to receive this knife, I view it as being better than that cold steel knife I wanted as a teenager.
It looks better, there's 2 blade shape and edge options, and based on specs I think the handle should be slightly longer.
You are very welcome. I really hope the knife meets or exceeds your expectations. Taiwan really has their stuff dialed in for us and they are aware of our high standards. We want only the best materials and manufacturing in / for our knives given their price point.

Last edited:
I've never heard of it, but don't really know much about various steel types.
I'm assuming it's going to be the kind of easy to sharpen steel I favor, if so that'll be good for keeping touched up with the EZE-LAP diamond rod I carry on me at work.
yep. think of it sorta like 420hc....its different course, but picking a steel ya know well. easy to sharpen stainless......

You are very welcome. I really hope the knife meets or exceeds your expectations. Taiwan really has their stuff failed in for us and they are aware of our high standards. We want only the best materials and manufacturing in / for our knives given their price point.
yep. so far every Taiwan made Demko ive gotten has very good bevels and super factory sharp edges. I got 4 so far. two folders and 2 fixed blades. all very well made.

I just got the knife, and I really like it so far but need to come up with a good way to carry it horizontally on my belt.
View attachment 2366870
I'll try a couple paracord loops first then try something else if this doesn't work out that well.
would a tek lok work...horizontally? I'm thinking no...but maybe it's spaced enough due to its size to fit with long enough fasteners?

looks like a neat little fixed blade. Give us your take on it after ya used it a bit.....

would a tek lok work...horizontally? I'm thinking no...but maybe it's spaced enough due to its size to fit with long enough fasteners?

looks like a neat little fixed blade. Give us your take on it after ya used it a bit.....
Will do.
I've never had a tek lock so I don't know if it would work.
I've got some other ideas to try if this doesn't work out.

Other options:
Possibly the small CS C-clips if the rivets are smaller than avg size.

If the rivets are standard “large” sized, I’d use a Spyderco G-Clip and drill an extra hole if necessary. Done it before, it’s easy. The G-Clip is wide enough to only need one, even with horizontal carry.

Back