Ash-2

Well guys -- we got what we wanted --- errr sort of. Ash-1 in SR- 101. Hopefully it comes in at a comparable Swamp Rat price point. If it's priced higher that'll be a little disappointing.

Better edge holding than INFI and still has the Busse unconditional warranty. Not a bad dealio. :thumbup:

Congrats all you ASH men!

A skinny would be cool. Or fatty. Or medium-y.

I'm cool with whatever. Just make the cost to performance ratio awesome and I'll buy a couple.

Sorry, but screw the ganza games. The BIG ASH should be a limited time sale. Too many people want and need these. Just take orders for so many days and build them for whoever wants to buy them. Done. Period. Finished.
Yeah, Maybe its time for something different. Maybe some limited time offerings (with warning) for EVERYONE who wants them. A new knife that is available for pre-order only 1 day. BIG ASH one month... BIG Skinny the next... BIG Fatty the next... My BIG Fat Greek Xiphos the next...

Pretty close to what I suggested. A very good move me thinks. Should generate a lot of business...

"Operation 2 Weeks" will be crazy specials and offers every month, (sometimes twice a month!) and will feature some retro designs that you haven't seen in years!!!

So if you drink enough the ASH2 can be deciphered aShR101? :D

I hope there's no way someone could easily strip these and pass them off as INFI. I feel sh!++y that my mind went there.

I hope there's no way someone could easily strip these and pass them off as INFI. I feel sh!++y that my mind went there.

That was one of my first thoughts which led me to hoping Battle Grade etched in the logo would be the obvious warning clue. One would have to be cautious of a sterile stripper though and if it rusts easily in satin, you would know you were duped as satin infi, or stripped homebrew satin infi doesn't rust. I would hope they would be marked under the handles somehow so the shop would know, but with all of the fakes out there these days, SR101 Busses will make them harder for end users to identify. Something hard to get around, like stamping Battle Grade, or BG in the spine or butt would make it much easier to spot, kind of like some of the old SH models that said INFI in the spine.

That was one of my first thoughts which led me to hoping Battle Grade etched in the logo would be the obvious warning clue. One would have to be cautious of a sterile stripper though and if it rusts easily in satin, you would know you were duped as satin infi, or stripped homebrew satin infi doesn't rust. I would hope they would be marked under the handles somehow so the shop would know, but with all of the fakes out there these days, SR101 Busses will make them harder for end users to identify. Something hard to get around, like stamping Battle Grade, or BG in the spine or butt would make it much easier to spot, kind of like some of the old SH models that said INFI in the spine.
You both bring up some excellent points. Another solution might be to deeply etch or stamp BG on the ricasso, deep enough that it would not be easy to remove without being noticed.

Well guys -- we got what we wanted --- errr sort of. Ash-1 in SR- 101. Hopefully it comes in at a comparable Swamp Rat price point. If it's priced higher that'll be a little disappointing.

I am def down if it comes in under $300...

^--- I'm with you here. If its SR-101, coated and skinny, hopefully we're looking at less than $300!

Better edge holding than INFI and still has the Busse unconditional warranty. Not a bad dealio. :thumbup:

Congrats all you ASH men!

Thanks Will!

Hummmmm..... I do beleive that.....

BRING IT!!!!!!

Is an appropriate statement just about now......as the B8 crowd would say, that is :D

...hey Rags!.... How about a pic of the Busse battle cat to inspire the troops!

I WILL get a 101 ASH....of course I will.... but we really do need more INFI ASH... !!! I have sold my soul to the Custom Shop now....

Back