Ask Josh a Question

gunslinger387

Gold Member
Basic Member
I’ll start.

Josh, if it’s not a trade secret, what steps do you take when sharpening a knife?

If it is maybe you can answer the next question.

What grit do you usually stop at and do you strop afterwards?

Kevin

Last edited:
Admittedly, stolen from another sub-forum.

Josh, if it’s not a trade secret, what steps do you take when sharpening a knife?

If it is maybe you can answer the next question.

What grit do you usually stop at and do you strop afterwards?

Kevin
Great question Kevin! For the regular sharpening it's a straight 220 grit belt plus light strop (unless really damaged then I'll start with 120 first). For the refined edge I offer that's done with a microbevel on the wicked edge at 1k grit directly after the belt. I prefer not stropping as it takes some of the bite out of the edge.

Look Josh: why would I carry a tiny fixed blade, when I have folders covering that size ?

i-mp8VsHV-X2.jpg

i-7F7cP55-X2.jpg

:)

Hey Josh, Any idea when you will be doing another run of the 3.5 embers? I'm really looking forward to getting one of those (drop point with swedge) if possible.
And if you do another run of Quarantines, please put me on the list as interested in one.
I'm really looking forward to getting my Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery pocket sheath for my ember 3.0.

Hey Josh, Any idea when you will be doing another run of the 3.5 embers? I'm really looking forward to getting one of those (drop point with swedge) if possible.
And if you do another run of Quarantines, please put me on the list as interested in one.
I'm really looking forward to getting my Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery pocket sheath for my ember 3.0.
The next 3.5's will probably be first half of this coming year 👍👊

Back