ASP baton...16" too short?

Hello,all. I'm going to purchase a new ASP baton to replace the 21 incher I gave to my friend:( The baton is for concealed carry, year-round, in civilian clothes (yes, it's legal in my area). I found that the 21" model was a pain in the butt to carry all the time (I think it's about 7" long when closed). What do you guys think about going one size down and getting the 16" model? I've tried one out...I can tell it would be a lot easier and more convenient to carry (thus more likely to be with me at any given time). But, geez, 16" seems a little short...do you think I'd be sacrificing too much striking power? Or would that be an issue, assuming I'm striking to the proper targets (common peroneal, etc...)?

(edited to apologize if this is posted in the improper place....Mods, feel free to move if you want....)

BTW....could someone tell me how to post this on other boards on BFC, like Practical/Tactical, etc.. without retyping the whole thing?

BTW....could someone tell me how to post this on other boards on BFC, like Practical/Tactical, etc.. without retyping the whole thing?

Use the mouse to highlight your post, then press and hold CTRL, and press C (while still holding CTRL). Then, go over to whatever other forum, hit the new post button, then put the typing cursor in the text box, and press and hold CTRL, and hit V (once again, while holding down CTRL).

In my opinion, yes the 16" ASP is too short. I too carry a concealed ASP baton. I carried and used a 16" ASP for a few years before I retired it in favor of a 21" Airweight ASP. I get more "juice" out of the 21", and the 21" Airweight weighs about half of what the 16" standard ASP does.

Back