ASP light vs Photon light

Hey there. Well as far as keychain lights go I would have to say, go with the photon, simply because it's smaller. I've used both and they are the same brightness and they last the same. Good luck.

By all reports, both lights are of very good quality. What tips the balance strongly to the photon side to me is that 1. the photon is a good deal smaller, and 2. The photon has user-replaceable batteries. User-replaceable batteries are an absolute must for me. Since this light is on my keychain, I use it a lot. Long life or no long life, I end up having to replace the batteries at least once a year, sometimes twice. Having to take my ASP, find a box, figure out ASP's address, wait in line at the post office, and send it off to get the battery changes, then wait a couple of weeks before I get it back, is simply not an acceptable procedure. I know exactly what would happen with me: after the batteries burned out, the light would lie around until it got lost, and that would be that.

Joe

I bought one of each, an Asp Sapphire and a red Photon Covert. I was really impressed with the brightness of the Asp, it will easily light an entire room well enough to walk through. Battery is still running strong, but I haven't used it all that much.

I have a problem with the photon, though. I love the size, and I like the red light--but from the moment I opened the package it flickered badly. My brother brought a yellow covert, it also flickers badly. My other brother (there's lots of us) brought a white covert, and in addition to NOT flickering, the switch is much easier to push. I concluded, perhaps wrongly, that its the single battery that causes the flicker. If you do get a photon, I'd recommend buying blue, white, or torquoise.

I'd take an ASP.
I have both of ASP and Photon II. Well, Photon is smaller and lighter. But ASP still feels small enough, more confortable to hold in my hand than Photon, easier to find among some gadgets on my keyring. And, ASP doesn't embarass me which side to push in the darkness!

Back