Assault Shaker Availability

How long will the AS be available? On the website, it says its a limited run. I need to know so I can figure out how much to save. It will be my first Busse, so I figured I'd start small so I could use it more, then move up. Also, has anyone put micarta slabs on one, to try to make the grip thicker and more comfortable?

Elwin,
Not sure how long the AS will be available, but when
they discontinued the Badger and Mr. Mojo, Jerry gave a
pretty good warning so people could get their orders in.
Hope this helps some.

Good Evening Elwin-

Can't really help you in terms of how long the Assault Shaker will be in production, but I can tell you that if you order today, you'll be looking at two to three weeks for delivery.

Upgraded my recent Assault Shaker order to a "Pepper" Assault Shaker (variant work by Jerry) and I was informed the timeframes will stay about the same.

Regards,

~ Blue Jays ~

I e-mailed to check on delivery times for an AS about a week ago, and was told 3-4 weeks.

I placed my order yesterday, and wasn't given any indication that it would be discontinued too soon. As mentioned, Jerry does give ample warning here on the boards to make sure the faithful don't get left out.

Elwin:

Hi :) Haven't tried to put micarta on the AS personally, but I bet that would sure look nice ;)

I was thinking of putting some fairly thin micarta on the sides just to make the handle a little more friendly.
Its good to hear that Jerry gives ample warning time for the discontinued models. My car will be paid off shortly and then I'll have some cash to throw around.

Hi Elwin-

If you order by telephone, the knife will be placed in the manufacturing queue but you won't be charged until it ships. That is a beautiful thing!

If you order via the web site, the software places a charge against your credit card at the time of the order. With that in mind, you could justify doing that for the very popular items like the Battle Mistress E, Steel Heart E, or Natural Outlaw.

The Assault Shaker looks like it will be nifty and very handy.

Hope that helps,

~ Blue Jays ~

Bravado,

When did you order your AS? I ordered mine via the website on April 4 and haven't received it. And my credit card has been charged already too like Blue Jays says.

*Crossing my fingers it'll get here soon*

Hi Elwin-

A few Assault Shakers (and maybe some Pepper Shakers) are scheduled to be in the Wauseon, Ohio headquarters in about two weeks. Heard this when I phoned Busse yesterday afternoon.

You may want to place an order for an Assault Shaker to "hold your place" if they have not all been "spoken for" at this point.

Buen suerte,

~ Blue Jays ~

Back