Assembled GoldenSpikes

Last year you saw Uncle Henry Golden Spikes for sale that were USA made blades that handled and finger guards and end caps put on in China. It came with a leather sheath also made in China with a "certificate of authenticity" Does anyone know who had these assembled? Smokey Mountain Knife works had these in their catalog and in their store for some time and one well know former Schrade employee was selling them with a genuine Schrade box. He was up front with the description Ie assembled in China with a USA blade. Just curious as to who had it done. SMKW maybe? It would make a good user. I saw it in SMKW store and the stag imprint was a little different. No way to know if Delrin was used.

* Sorry. I meant the title to read Assembled Golden Spikes. You used to be able to edit the title.

Last edited:
Blue Ridge was the other buyer of the ISC work in process. Pallet knives.

PS: I haz powers!

Yes codger you do haz the powers. At one time, I'm pretty sure Kevin Pipes of SMKW had a stake in Blue Ridge and may still have.

If I knew that they had had the proper heat treatment I would like to buy one or more. Does anyone know?

The person who used to work for Schrade who now does great stag handles and file work did have some on the auctions site. Not sure if he still does, haven't looked in awhile.

Back