ASTK arrived today!

MacHete

Hair Cropper & Chipmunk Wrangler
Thank you Aunt Yangdu, for yet another speedy delivery!

I only had time to do a very cursory examination, but I am well pleased. :thumbup: The finish is much tighter than that of my other villagers, and the balance is very good. The handle is also quite beefy- I thnk even more so than my Salyan. I may actually remove a little material, but it will be a while before I can work on it.

I will try to get measurements and specs for you, Warty.

Thanks, I wish I could post the way I am measuring these things...

This is very frustrating waiting for this disk I need to arrive... :(

I have to say that my ASTK-V was as you say for yours, a much nicer than normal villager.
I really like it a lot and think the villager of this model to be nicer than the shiny one.

congratulations with your new astk-v :)
i hope my own astk-v will arive soon to.
i have a feeling it will become my favoritte knife :)

My ASTK-V arrived a few days ago (17 inches 32 15/16 Oz). The handle on mine was beefy too and felt too short for my hand. I ended up removing 20 grams of handle material to lessen the flare at the butcap and to reduce the overall diameter. It took hours to do by hand. The khuk is still exceptionally balanced. It feels as light as a 25 Oz Fox's Folley I have. This ASTK is a very lively blade.

Congrats on your new arrival Mac. I know you'll enjoy it...and even more once you trim the handle.

Back