ATKI Knife Law Glossary

Just read in November issue, BLADE, that AKTI is beginning to develop an all-knife law glossary of federal and state laws on their web page. They only have two states listed right now but plan to update as frequently as possible.

I've sent AKTI an e-mail offering the research I've done on knife laws in eight states where I travel often.(IL, IN, IO, MIN, WIS, MI, LA, TEN.)

Once they complete their work, this will be a fine service to AKTI members and the general public.

I've been watching the new organization trying to determine what direction they would take before making a decision to join. This looks like that are on the right track.

------------------
Life is a journey, not a guided tour -- GO ARMED!
-->BLADE

All of us owe you a big THANK YOU for the work you are doing on our behalf!
This will be a great resource for those of us who want to stay out of trouble
wink.gif
& still be able to enjoy our knives

------------------
Runs With Scissors
AKTI# A000107

This has been quite a labor. There is nothing more boring than poring over law books. The writing to make things impossible to misconstrue is so tedious.

Jan has been working with me (she has been doing all lately and busy season is upon us here in the knife industry).

We have also been creating the links that will monitor pending legislation as well as current legislation.

------------------
CJ Buck
Buck Knives, Inc.
AKTI Member #PR00003

CJ
I've been in touch with Jan and have forewarded to her copies of the laws for the states I listed above plus a link to a source of information (circa 1996) on knife laws for all 50 states.
Jan said she would work to verify that info and post the updates on the web page.
Hope it helps. I do appreciate this important step by ATKI.

------------------
Life is a journey, not a guided tour -- GO ARMED!
-->BLADE

Back