How To Attach sheat to inside backpack ( conceal )

I bought the Condor Elite Sector Sling backpack and want to attach my SOG Pillar with kydex sheat to the inside of my backpack. So it has to be attached on fabric. My main concern is that the fabric will hold.
*So just to be specific: i dont want to attach it in one of the pockets, but in the area that is meant for carrying a concealed weapon.
You can see it in this youtube video:
at 0.38 min.

Only thing i can think of right now is this panel
ref=sr_1_1

Thanks in advance for thinking with me and let me know if you think it might work

Last edited:
Don't know if the entire area has a velcro panel ? If so, you can buy self stick industrial strength velcro and put a piece on the kydex sheath. If not, you can sew one side of the velcro to the back panel of the backpack and stick the opposing side of the velcro to the sheath. That would probably be the easiest, and cheapest way of securing it in that area.

If you don't want to add the velcro to the sheath itself so you can take it out and wear it. You could just add some velcro onto some kydex and just screw the eyelets into that kydex like you would a piggy back rig. This is a bit more work but will keep the sheath from having velcro directly on it.

After i placed my question, i looked again on the web for solutions. I came onto EODGear.com and found the following item.
https://www.eod-gear.com/kydex-molle-panel-backpack-insert/
Have found velcro options before, but still not sure to use velcro or this panel.
I don't mind if the sheat will be in the backpack permanently tho
It's my first time making a backpack with a concealable knife lol and i didn't make it easy on myself getting this backpack.
In most cases you just open the zipper. Put a panel in the bag and you're done

Thanks for the quick responses so far and like to hear more, before i begin

Just seeing your post now, 3 years later.

I’ve been thinking about Velcro on a sheath for similar projects, one for a Mora copy to keep tightly in a built-in pocket in a non tactical sling bag, and another with a small Rough rider neck knife that i’d like to keep in the pocket of various winter coats, thinking of Velcro in the pockets.

Curios how your Velcro project worked out for you.

Of course Condor calls it mole-ey, while everyone else on the planet calls it molly.

That weapon's location looks like it's open on both ends so not the most concealed. Does it close and fasten or is there the chance it can open enough for someone to see in if they are standing behind you in line?
You'll need a sheath with a very flat back, possibly one made just for this. It will need the hook (I'm assuming) portion of the hook and loop on the entire back of the sheath.
Is there a stiffener of some type in the bag so the knife won't flop around? A stiff plastic sheet or foam? If not look at finding a way to add one. Loose will allow the knife to bounce on the fabric. Worst case would be the knife coming loose. Otherwise it will just cause the bag to bunch up a bit.

Back