Attention British members.

Move? To where? The US?

I'm sorry for being blunt here, but news aggregators like Google and Yahoo are reporting instances of open hostility by Americans to foreigners like Asians (especially the Chinese), Middle Easterners and South Americans on a near daily basis ever since Trump won the presidential elections.

I suppose the British and Europeans are still welcome in the US though.

What nonsense. The opposite is true.

Thankfully, we have a thing called states rights. One can choose to live in a state that has rights that match the way you want to live. The gun and knife laws aren't changing in my state anytime soon, for better or worse.

Way too much political talk. I'm done in this thread.

Yes, there are state rights...until it becomes federal law.

I'm not attacking you or anyone personally, I guess I'm just a bit more familiar than I'd like to be with what's potentially coming since I live in a state where our rights are stripped away on a seemingly endless basis.

Unfortunately, it's not so simple to just pick up and move...and I shouldn't need to move to another state to get my rights as a US citizen.

Actually 'ignorant' is something their not. They know precisely what their doing. You can read the first link which describes the responses from the public detailing their concerns. About the harm to businesses, about criminalizing the law-abiding. About how current legislation is already adequate.

This was my response.

"There are still small volume cutlery manufacturers (mainly in Sheffield) that have come to rely on internet sales to support their business. A ban on internet sales could adversely effect their business and lead to job losses and the loss of another traditional industry.

Knives are not the only age restricted product available to purchase on the internet for delivery to domestic addresses. Alcohol, tobacco products, age restricted media and gambling products are just some of the other products available to purchase online. If the Government believes that age verification protocols used for the purchase of all age restricted products, as listed by Trading Standards, are adequate, then surely those protocols remain adequate for online knife sales to domestic addresses.

I DO NOT agree in the proposal to ban the online sale of knives to domestic addresses, but the Government could implement to two measures to further ensure the legal and safe purchase of knives online:

1. The minimum age required to possess a credit card in the UK is 18. Prohibit the use of Paypal, and stipulate that all online knife sales have to be made using a credit card.
  2. The minimum age that you can be entered onto the Electoral Register in England and Wales is 18. Stipulate that vendors must use the Electoral Register to verify age and address of the customer.
    If a customer has not entered their details on to the Electoral Register then they would be unable to purchase knives online".

Do you think my reasoning logical, measured and proportionate? Most of the responses received were apparently similar to mine. The government actually acknowledged the reasons against introducing this legislation as legitimate and valid concerns. Over 10,000 people responded, the majority all expressing those valid and legitimate concerns.
So what did the government do? Completely ignore them. :rolleyes:
There are reasons for this. To detail them would probably mean a trip to the political forum though.
As to protesting this, or having these news laws repealed, there isn't a chance of that happening.

Possibly. If I'm reading the definition of a "Zombie knife" correctly it is an implement with
"a sharp blade".
"a serrated blade".

That could refer to any bladed article. Again, it has been deliberately left vague to deliberately catch out as many manufacturers, retailers and owners as possible.

-David.
They do know full well what they're doing, maybe they're not so ignorant in that regard.

The must feel ignorant or foolish however if they think these quick fix " solutions " are going to do anything.

It's the age old political nonsense of scoring points with stupid voters. The politicians can say they did something about violence when they ban knives, when in reality they should be funding additional police and/or community watch type organizations to really address it.

The British politicians that banned knives should have been forced to also rename Anglo-Saxons to Anglo-Saxoffs - to reflect the new reality. :) I bet that would get the sleepy voting public to pay more attention to nonsense laws.

What nonsense. The opposite is true.

I think he's right that "the news aggregators" are reporting such instances on a daily basis, but that means approximately nothing. They should be called the "news agitators." :p

mwqs4zpn5cr01.jpg

How is this affecting EDC blades? Things like a slipjoint SAK or the UKPK? Has there been a change in how these are handled lately? I would imagine that they've gotten significantly stricter as well...?

Back