Attention: Spark -Member needs assistance

This e-mail was sent to me asking me to post so please e-mail Ric directly with all information. Thanks

Bill,
Howdy. This is Ric Gibson (junkcarsrock) from Shelbyville Illinois.
I had my user name changed to trick and now I can not sign in. I can not
register under a different name either. Every name I try it says name
already in use. If I put my email address it sends me a letter saying my
password has been reset and gives me a new password. Then when I try to sign
in with the new password it says invalid user name. I keep emailing and
emailing the "contact" address and can not get a response.
You are the only person I have an email address for on the forum. Is there
any way you would make a post for me on the support forum giving my address
and a brief explanation and ask them to contact me? Even just a copy and
paste of this email would get the point across. This has been going on for a
month or two. If you don't want to I understand. My email address is below.
It is ok to put the whole thing so everyone can see. I am not worried about
that. I really appreciate your help and time.
P.S. I am really happy with my Coote. Glad you pointed me in that direction.

jegleg@consolidated.net

I don't know what his problem is. He's listed as a basic member, so his account is active. He probably needs to log out and log back in as Trick, which is what he signed up for.

Spark,

Ric e-mailed me again and asked if you could e-mail him, he can't find or get your e-mail to work, and said he's tried what you said several times and it doesn't help. Thats all I know.

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks Bill! I appreciate the help!

I finally was able to register a new name on a different email address.

Spark, I am not totally computer illiterate. Something ain't right on your end. Every time I try to sign in it says invalid user name. So I hit "forgot password" and enter my email address. Then I get an email that says...

bf003.jpg

Then I click the link and it says password has been reset. A new password has been emailed to you. Then after a while I get an email(I blocked the last three numbers)...

bf004.jpg

Then I try to log in to activate the new password...

bf001.jpg

Then I hit submit and this comes up...

bf002.jpg

I have done those same steps over and over again. I have tried using junkcarsrock and my old password, trick and my old password, trick and my new password, etc. etc. I have been a basic member since March 2001 and have a post count of 120. Not that is a lot, I understand. But I would still like to keep my stats. This happens every time I try to change user name on every forum I have ever changed a name on. Ultimately I lose my original stats.
Thanks,
Ric

I was able to log in with your password just dandy. I changed it to testtest - just log in with that pass, and change it to something else.

Don't know what the deal was, but I finally got it. I deleted my cookies. Maybe I had a corrupted cookie or something? I did that before though. I swear I didn't do a thing different this time as I have done before.
Thanks Spark and Bill for the help.
Ric

Back