1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Augustus Lambert Collaboration?

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by Drew R, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Drew R

Drew R

Nov 30, 2018
    I have chomping at the bit for this one for a while now! Any news as to when this one is happening?

2. Mesenzo

Mesenzo

Nov 5, 2015
    My last information was that they expect them to be ready end of May / beginning of June

3. thecigarguy

thecigarguy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Any info on what these look like?

4. Mesenzo

Mesenzo

Nov 5, 2015
    Here you go;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    Those are sick! Wish they would ax the blue though.

VernonRemington likes this.
  6. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    Saw some more on insta. Can anyone explain the philosophy on the micarta? Why have bronze screws, a natural looking handle material and still have a bright blue pivot? It looks weird and inconsistent.

7. VernonRemington

VernonRemington Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I agree, those anodized screws stopped me from picking up a Peña Lanny. Reate just give us plain screws and guys can anodize later if they want to.

8. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    I got a pena lanny micarta that has bronze hardware everywhere. I think from knife center.

9. Mesenzo

Mesenzo

Nov 5, 2015
    The final production versions arrived last week; carbon fiber, marble carbon fiber and green micarta. The micarta version looks different compared with the pre-production version (as show in my previous pictures). Its a sandblasted micarta instead of the polished micarta. I like how it looks on this knife. Also liking the bronze color screws.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ErocSD likes this.
  10. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    Just wish that pivot was the same bronze color as the screws.

11. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    We get that.....
    Russ

12. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    Sorry Russ to beat a dead horse. Apologies guys.

13. ErocSD

ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019
    I picked up a micarta version and I really want the sandblasted linen micarta now. I would consider the weave CF also.

It's a nice heavy blade that flips easily and drops even easier. Blade shape is great too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019 at 12:03 AM
    Alsharif and thecigarguy like this.