1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 33 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Boker Urban Trapper 732 , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Augustus Lambert Collaboration?

Discussion in 'Reate Knives' started by Drew R, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Drew R

Drew R

Nov 30, 2018
    I have chomping at the bit for this one for a while now! Any news as to when this one is happening?

2. Mesenzo

Mesenzo

Nov 5, 2015
    My last information was that they expect them to be ready end of May / beginning of June

3. thecigarguy

thecigarguy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Any info on what these look like?

4. Mesenzo

Mesenzo

Nov 5, 2015
    Here you go;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    Those are sick! Wish they would ax the blue though.

VernonRemington likes this.
  6. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    Saw some more on insta. Can anyone explain the philosophy on the micarta? Why have bronze screws, a natural looking handle material and still have a bright blue pivot? It looks weird and inconsistent.

7. VernonRemington

VernonRemington Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I agree, those anodized screws stopped me from picking up a Peña Lanny. Reate just give us plain screws and guys can anodize later if they want to.

8. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    I got a pena lanny micarta that has bronze hardware everywhere. I think from knife center.

9. Mesenzo

Mesenzo

Nov 5, 2015
    The final production versions arrived last week; carbon fiber, marble carbon fiber and green micarta. The micarta version looks different compared with the pre-production version (as show in my previous pictures). Its a sandblasted micarta instead of the polished micarta. I like how it looks on this knife. Also liking the bronze color screws.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ErocSD likes this.
  10. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    Just wish that pivot was the same bronze color as the screws.

11. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    We get that.....
    Russ

12. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    Sorry Russ to beat a dead horse. Apologies guys.

mycough likes this.
  13. ErocSD

ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019
    I picked up a micarta version and I really want the sandblasted linen micarta now. I would consider the weave CF also.

It's a nice heavy blade that flips easily and drops even easier. Blade shape is great too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Alsharif and thecigarguy like this.
  14. mycough

mycough

May 20, 2007
    No appology needed, that was a dickish post on my part. Personally, those wild grinds throw me off.
    Lambert is one of my favorite makers though, another blessing from up north...
    Russ

15. thecigarguy

Mar 31, 2018
    All good.

I’ve been thinking of getting a Lambert for some time now. Love the designs.

The ones over at drop look good too. Also was researching doing some ano to change the blue pivot to match the bronze hardware. Seems simple enough to make that one mod.

The thing keeping me from the drop.com version is that the Augustus is just slightly more badass, oh and the micarta.

16. ErocSD

ErocSD

Jan 21, 2019
    I had the drop Raine on order but I decided if I'm going to wait 6 months only to save $50, I'll just spend $50 more when it drops in January. I cancelled my order and bought all new hunting gear. I kind of wish I could afford to order it and wait 6 months but I'll have to chance it.

I can read some reviews and see if they're all that. The Raine is a cool design but that new reflective composite material looks kind of cheap. I need to see it up close to decide. I still think the crossroads is a better knife than the Augustus but the Augustus is a really cool beautiful knife too.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  17. jceckrosh

jceckrosh KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 2016
    I got my Augustus a couple days ago, and it is quite nice. My only complaint, and a minor one at that, is the pivot color. Oh well.

As for the Raine, I hate all the handle options. It's unfortunate that it is not offered in something more "normal".

ErocSD likes this.