• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Authentic Vintage Green Rag Micarta

Still sorting through all my handle material. Here are a few more random slices of green rag.

I'm organizing all my stuff, and offering these random pieces I find floating around publicly, just to share, once I'm done, I won't be offering anymore of this material to the public, so if you've wanted some, get it. If you like some color you've seen me offer in the past, contact me, I may have a piece or two tucked away, but once it's gone, that's it.

Same as before, legit antique rag micarta from the 50s or 60s. Nicely saw cut, minimal clean up required to be ready to glue, these pieces are all around ~0.150 thick, more than ample room to clean up and finish above 1/8".

I'm pretty sure these are all from the same original piece, and should finish the same. This color is one of the easier ones to finish. I recommend shaping with the grinder no higher than 220/400 with sharp belts, unless you want it to finish darker. I typically finish at 220 on the grinder and then quickly (a couple minutes total) hand sand working my way up to 1500, then lightly buff with white rogue, clean with alcohol.

This stuff finishes darker than it looks rough cut, with more detail. Sorry, don't have any finished photos of this convenient.

1. 6" Diameter full slice (this is as large a piece as is possible to get from the original stock), one void area you can clearly see, from manufacturing. Easy spot to work around. Photos showing some random liners i had laying around so you can see you'll be able to get 4 sets of shadows, maybe 6 with bolsters. $200 (discounted because of the bad spot)

2. 5.90" x 3.40" at the widest usable dimensions. Two sets of shadows, 3 with bolsters: $100

3. 5.60" x 3.20" same deal, may be difficult to get two normal sized shadows, but 1 set of shadow and one with bolsters no problem. $85

Paypal preferred, javan.dempsey@gmail.com

grag.jpg

Last edited:
Back