Avenger and Pancake Holsters

Started playing with a new idea last night... I think this is going to be cool. Been in contact with Dave about this and we agree the problem I may run into is the curve of the holster and flat coin. We'll see once I have it mounted. If so, the alternative would be to buy coins that have been made in to a concho (curved) with a chicago screw setup on the back. Anywho.. always like to share with you guys and will keep you posted. -Chad

21062136643_69423c8a4c_b.jpg

That looks really cool Chad. Dang I like that border stamp. A BK I assume?

For those that may not understand what we're talking about. Here is a pic I shared with Chad this morning. This is one of my roughout martingales that uses Mexican coins (almost pure silver) for decoration. I had these coins domed and a chicago screw back soldered on. Seven coins on this martingale total.

TRwfjRl.jpg

We were thinking that the flat coin might raise off the gun more whereas the domed coin might stay flush with the hoslter better.

Last edited:
That looks really cool Chad. Dang I like that border stamp. A BK I assume?

For those that may not understand what we're talking about. Here is a pic I shared with Chad this morning. This is one of my roughout martingales that uses Mexican coins (almost pure silver) for decoration. I had these coins domed and a chicago screw back soldered on. Seven coins on this martingale total.

We were thinking that the flat coin might raise off the gun more whereas the domed coin might stay flush with the hoslter better.

Thanks Dave! Actually that's a Craftool stamp from a set I am borrowing from my friend. I too love that stamp and must get one to add to my collection. I'll get the # off it tonight and let you know. Love the look of those coins on your martingale! So I did decide to go ahead and try the coin flat. While the hole didn't stay completely round when I wet molded the holster, it only oblonged a little on the sides. It still looks good and the coin is still quite secure. Next time though, I will have to go with a domed coin to negate that problem and also a chicago screw setup for a more secure attachment. So here she is all finished up. I am going to move on to making something else now as 4 custom 1911 holsters is plenty for one guy :). Will definitely continue to share and keep you all posted.

1885 Morgan silver dollar inlay in veg tan, tooling, and full front shark:

21767792321_f5068a0404_b.jpg

Back