Awesome Gentleman's Folder

Just purchased a Boker Pearl Handled Damascus 2005DA. Had a dickens of a time finding anyone who actually had them in stock for under $285. According to the papers, it doesn't appear that Manfred Sachse is doing the blade craft anymore, but it is still a great knife.

Anyway, the knife is heavy but elegant, and the blade is wicked sharp and beautifully patterned. It locks into place with a very robust snap. The mother of pearl is solid, gorgeously polished, and not inlaid. The only problem is that the nickel silver is so dazzling, that some micro-scratches are somewhat evident in natural sunlight. Anyway, I'm only taking this thing out with me on formal evenings in a pocket carrying nothing else. The rest of the time, it stays on display.

Thanks for the opinion, I've bought a few Boker folders recently and have been eyeing this model a lot.

A lot of people on here (when searching through the archives and posting new threads) have really had it in for Boker, complaining about fit+finish, price, material quality etc. Glad to see you share my experiences with wonderful Bokers.

*goes to check credit card limit*

Back