Axe, Tomahawk & Hatchet Photo Thread

16LTw2P.jpg

Hey guys, first post…
I just bought a Bison 14” hatchet that came highly recommended by a friend. I love it so far! Can’t wait to take it camping. It is very sharp from the factory!
I’m wondering if anybody else has a Bison or has used one and how you like or dislike it…
Also, what does the 500-A on the head mean? I’m guessing metal type…?
I can’t figure out how to post a picture or I would…

Tomahawks are fascinating to say the least. From their earliest origins to Modern day forged examples. Here Is a rare round format Circa 1890’ Original Kodak #2 snapshot of a Sioux Indian from my collection. The Sioux Man proudly kneeling in front of his Lodge holding his Tomahawk. It appears to be quite a fine Hawk. Probably a pipe hawk but could be a fancy Hammer pole. View attachment 2335684
Looks like it is probably a pipe hawk. Looks like a mouthpiece at the opposite end from the hawk head.

A Brazilian Army officer friend participated in the peacekeeping mission in Angola in 1996 and brought me an African axe.
Made with steel from an armored vehicle track abandoned in the country and local wood (unknown).

This is the model of simplicity and practicality. It makes the greatest use of a small piece of metal. The knob on the haft provides both weight to drive the bit and strength to resist splitting. It's simple to forge from scrap. It's beautiful.

Dewalt exo core hatchet, I have had it for over 6 years and is my first axe, it has gone through loads of use and abuse even abuse a axe should never go through(I don't know why but chopping rocks) I keep it sharp and try to maintain it. How do i add a picture?

Back