Axis Lock - Any Legal Problems

Let me start by saying that I have never had a problem with the axis lock knives. However, I can open them by flicking my wrist, even right out of the box. Has anyone had a problem with this knife violating laws against centrifical force knives?

Frankly, there is virtually no locking blade folder that couldn't be considered a switchblade if the law chose to be really strict about the centrifugal force aspect of the federal switchblade statute. I think that axis locks are generally treated like any other locking blade knife provided that those of us who own axis lock knives don't act ignorantly in public with these them.

in Canda that's illegal but the AXIS is not SUPPOSED to be opened that way. That's why there's studs or holes so technically it passes the legality test. I ordered mine from across the border fine and they sell them in stores over here.

I hope nobody at customs or works in the Canadian law enforcement comes onto these forums :D I like the AXIS!!!

i know that auto's are illegal and pushdaggers too, so that counts all switchblades and butterflies

as for the axis adn the ease of "flicking open", honestly, anyone can flick a knife open with one hand, andi know that some knives were banned for that reason ie the CRKT M16 series (the Tanto was what started it)
my advice, don't flick in front of cops or strangers! play it safe adn you get to keep your knife! ;)

aXed

aXed,

When/where were the CRKT M16's banned? I've order 1 from the US, and a couple from out west, no problems.

Is there a specific law now? I have family members that are particularly fond of their CRKTs, and I still like mine.

The last I heard HOK stopped stocking the M16/M18 line, I thought this was strictly a business decision.

Regards,

Shaun.

Keep in mind a portion of Joe Average Rookie Cops come from the sheeple side of the world that equate knife=weapon. All it would take for you to have to hire a lawyer is to have Joe Average Rookie Cop hold the the AXIS stud open and watch the blade fall open and consider it a gravity knife. Is it right? Noooo. Can it happen? Yessss.

Laws for folding knives are vague at best. I choose to carry whatever, whenever I want. I am a responsible person and I won't let a law maker, who probably does't even own a folding knife, dictate what I carry. I respect others rules (public places like airlines, courthouses, etc.) And I won't carry there, but I don't flash around folders like my AFCK in public either. Liberals can take their "It's not a right, but a privledge" attitude and stow it.:mad:

Back