• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AZ Custom Knife works - really?

I posted a question here the other night - asking for opinions on Arizona Custom Knives, whether they're reliable, etc. I got several positive recommendations back, so I went ahead with ordering the knive I had been looking at. Didn't hear anything for a day or so, so I emailed an inquiry. They responded that they "couldn't find the knife I ordered" and they refunded my payment.

?????

So now I'm wondering if this is typical. I'm inclined to not order from them again, but I'm wondering if others have had the same experience.

Not typical.

I'd expect that it's not typical, and since many of their knives are on consignment, I wonder what they'll tell the owner :p. I guess if the owner gets paid he'd never know about the mishap.

Not typical in my experience with them, this probably belongs in the feedback section though.

I've placed three orders through them - admittedly, this was a few years ago - but have never had an issue with any of them.

I thought of hurricane damage maybe being the problem, and I'd certainly sympathize if it is. But if that's the case and they're "covered up", as my car repair guy says, they should put a notice to that effect on the site.

I don't rule out ordering from them some time in the future, but for now I think I'll just look elsewhere to scratch my handmade knife itch.

Not sure what's going on over there. I've sold through them on consignment in the past. Worked out well. However, I sent two more knives to them in September and they still haven't posted them for sale. It's been about 5 weeks since they received the knives (and emailed me saying "we have received your two knives and our backlog is 3 weeks to post"

I can't speak to their lack of reply, but I did send some knives in August that got posted fairly recently. I believe it took longer than their quoted time, but it got done. I guess between all the knife shows happening around now, and hurricane season, they're behind.

Just bought a very expensive Custom Rassenti NIRVANA, opted for 2-day shipping - and the knife delivered in under 48 hours of payment.

Pretty impressive... especially the knife.

Thanks,
-Sid

I've bought and sold with them. If you ever get the chance to speak with them, you'll end up learning something new.

In the middle of my first experience w/ AZCK..Only recently noticed that they let you lay away..So I took advantage (of my bank account).

Made the down payment a month ago, balance to be spit over the next two (months)..PIF due at 60 days (2 months post down payment ) Emailed yesterday stating I would like to PIF on next payment schedule. ..was responded to within 10hrs to acknowledge and confirm request...

So far so good..

I haven't spoke w/ by phone, transaction has been done via website and email as yet.

I did notice some of the knives (can only speak of Busse/Kin on this matter) were incorrect in image vs description...as in model identification/description.

I almost called to point this out and to confirm that the knife I am purchasing is in fact the one pictured..but have not as yet...I may tomorrow now that this thread has me thinking..

The prices seem reasonable...and man, the got the goods, for sure..

I did notice some of the knives (can only speak of Busse/Kin on this matter) were incorrect in image vs description...as in model identification/description.

I don't know about the knife you're buying in particular, but typically all of their listings are for a single knife, not a SKU. What you see in the images is exactly what you're buying, so you can check out condition, etc. Their descriptions are written up by their staff, based on COAs, documentation, the seller's notes, etc., and so may not always be correct. For the knives I've listed, I've had to ask them to make corrections before.

If the pictures are of what you expect, you should be good to go.

Yes, that's the way I've always understood it... the knife pictured is the actual..Pretty confident..they have a great rep, not worried at all. .

Seeing a model listed wrong...not a finish or coating...or scale material wrong, but a totally different model pictured than in the title/description..gave me slight pause.

But I think you are correct, miscommunication between the individual consigning and the host..probably.

I don't know about the knife you're buying in particular, but typically all of their listings are for a single knife, not a SKU. What you see in the images is exactly what you're buying, so you can check out condition, etc. Their descriptions are written up by their staff, based on COAs, documentation, the seller's notes, etc., and so may not always be correct. For the knives I've listed, I've had to ask them to make corrections before.

If the pictures are of what you expect, you should be good to go.

I have, in the past 6 months, ordered 3 times with no problems. Orders ranged in size from $60 to $300; all orders were promptly processed and shipped. They tend to be pricey, but if they have a copy of the knife I want, I Will order from them with no hesitation.

I thought of hurricane damage maybe being the problem, and I'd certainly sympathize if it is. But if that's the case and they're "covered up", as my car repair guy says, they should put a notice to that effect on the site.

I don't rule out ordering from them some time in the future, but for now I think I'll just look elsewhere to scratch my handmade knife itch.
I'm very surprised about that, maybe the hurricane as you say. They refunded your money quickly, so that's certainly a mitigating factor. What knife was it that you were trying to buy?

It was one of two Bob Conley folders. Nice size, nice engraving. Maybe I'll just wait awhile and see if they find it.

Back