• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Backpacking / Survival Fishing Kits - Indestructable and Packed!

Diomedes Industries

Gold Member
Basic Member
Here is a new product that I am testing out for sale. I tested this kit this summer and it worked very well. I want to see what the demand is before I make a bunch of them.

Here are the first six up for sale.

DiomedesFishingKit001.jpg

The container for this kit is a 2 liter bottle before it has been blown up to become a larger container. It is essentially indestructible. The supplier for this container ran it over three times with a Ford F-150 with only so much as a scratch on the outside.

This container not only is tough and holds the entire kit, but works as a expedient reel and rod. This type of fishing used to be called Hobo or Hand fishing - and after an extensive test this summer - it works! At various lakes this summer I was catching as much or more as the other fisherman with poles and full tackle boxes. Simply underhand or sling cast your line out (I can get this rig to cast a full 25 yards!) and let the weight, hook, and bait fall to desired depth to start fishing.

The kit comes ready to fish with approx 30 yards of 12 pound test fishing line tied (Arbor knot at the top to prevent slipping at full cast) and wrapped around the top of the kit. There is a bobber knot/bead, premium Thill bobber three sinkers and a Eagle Talon hook tied (improved hook knot) at the end. Simply add bait (supplied) and you are fishing in a matter of seconds.

Inside the kit comes with 24 pieces of Gulp bait (pink and natural) in a sealed baggie in case you cannot find bait in your situation.

Also included in another bag is:

1) 6 Assorted hooks: 2 size 12 gold, 2 size 10 gold, 2 size 10 bait holders, 2 size 12 bait holder hooks.
2) 10 split shot sinkers
3) 2 Treble hooks for drop lines.
4) 1 Rooster Tail Spinner bait
5) 1 Wooly Worm Wet Fly.
6) 2 pretied bobber knots and beads.
7) A screw eye to make an expedient fishing pole out of in the field.

The basic kit comes with an additional 60 feet of 12 pound line (internally wrapped on a bright card).

The drop line kit comes with 50 feet of 30 pound test line in order to set up drop lines at night.

In addition to all of this there is about 5 feet of bright orange Duct Tape wrapped around the outside of the container. This can provided needed tape in a survival situation but also to mark the spots of the drop lines at night.

All of the equipment is top notch and fully tested! When you order specify if you want the basic kit or the drop line kit.

DiomedesFishingKit002.jpg

28 dollars shipped!

Thanks,

TF

paypal jmoulenbelt (at) hotmail (dot) com

Hey TF,

Cool idea. When you say drop line, is that what we call a trot line? I'll be contacting you around the first of the month as I am definitely interested in one of these. It sounds like a good deal and I can tell a lot of thought went into the design. I also like the fact that you use quality materials!

Randy

Thanks Randy - I have some left - so let me know when you get some cash-ola in hand and I will hook you up.

TF

I'll take a basic kit. Leave a PM here and I'll get funds sent to your mailing address.

e-mail sent - looks like I only have one drop line kit left. It can be converted to a basic line if needed.

For 30 even I will toss in the extra fishing line and you can pack the kit the way you like.

Jason

Back