Badger Attack or Mean Street?

Please excuse me if this subject has been previously beat to death but I couldn't find a thread on it.
My question: Which would make the best camping/backpacking knife? Chopping will not be a function of this knife and being for backpacking, size/weight does matter, however if the Badger Attack has clear advantages over the Mean Street that would over ride any weight disadvantage.
I'd like to hear from those of you who have used these knives and know your thoughts on the subject before I decide which to buy.
Thanks!

Bill

Both are great. But if I had a choice, a Badger Attack would be it. I am going hiking in a couple of weeks and I will be taking both knives. I plan on using the Badger Attack as my primary tool and the DW Mean Street as my secondary tool. Good luck with your decision.

------------------
"KEEP IT SIMPLE"

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way"

The Badger Attack was my choice over the Mean Street when i bought my Busse. It seemed to be an all around better knife. Not to small and not to big.......It was just rite....heheheh :/

GET 'EM BOTH,...then get more
smile.gif
hehehe, maybe someday someone will have more Busse knives than WTF (besides Busse Combat)
wink.gif

Badger all the way. Though I am starting to eyeball that Mean Street. I thought the Badger was gonna be a good (little) knife. Geeze that thing speaks softly and carries a big everything. So I am wondering if I haven't underestimated the Mean Street. But if I could only take one with me or if I could only afford one at the moment it would have to be the Badger. Though I think the last of the straight handled modles are in limited supply. I think I got one of the last few. Heh heh heh, lucky me! But either way man your gonna get the **** no matter what knife you chose it just depends on what size you want and only you can choose that. So figure out what size knife you need and that particular Busse with kick much ass!

I just got the Badger Attack for backpacking and such, and I really like its size. Its blade measures 4-3/4” with 4-1/8” actual cutting edge, and its OAL is 9-7/8”. Also, it is 1-7/16” wide at the base, gradually narrowing to that nice shark snout drop pt with a distal taper.

If you like smaller dimensions than those, then the Mean Street may be for you. (BTW, can someone post similar actual measurements for the MS?)

At 11 oz, I wondered if it might feel overly heavy in the hand, but the balance is superb, IMO -- just behind the index finger groove.

For me, the 4-1/8” of actual edge is just about ideal for camping-type uses. Equally, the BA’s generous width allows for a full flat grind which slopes up to its full thickness very gradually; i.e., while its spine is a hefty 1/4”, its width still allows for a fairly thin blade “geometry” (or whatever it’s called). “Indestructible” thickness vs. thin edge for slicing? The BA’s blade design makes for a very interesting and successful compromise, IMO.

My .02 --

Glen

Back