Badger knife show

Hope you have a great time. There's only one knife show close enough for me to drive to. It's coming up next weekend. I've been working overtime...... just in case I see something I "need"

For a lot of years Badge Knife Show was the only one I could get too! It is always a good show! There are a good amount of venders there, and some mighty pretty merchandise! A lot of it is out of my league, but then again a lot of bladeforums knife makers are too! Have a good time!

I
This weekend at the Janesville Wisconsin Holiday Inn / conference center . 175 tables. I'm going after work Saturday, stay overnight, eat,swim, and talk knives. Back home Sunday, back to work Monday.
John S.
I may have to get there next year. It's about an hour forty-five from my house and there aren't any decent shows in Illinois anymore.

Have fun. There is the Shenandoah knife show coming up next weekend(5-7) too in Harrisonburg, VA, I have always wanted to go but life gets in the way.

Is there a thread for posting upcoming shows? I could have gone to this one if I’d known about it last week.

Have fun. There is the Shenandoah knife show coming up next weekend(5-7) too in Harrisonburg, VA, I have always wanted to go but life gets in the way.
That's the show I was referring to. Takes me about an hour and a half to get there but it's usually worth it. I've been going every year for 10 years or more.

That's the show I was referring to. Takes me about an hour and a half to get there but it's usually worth it. I've been going every year for 10 years or more.
Have fun for me too if I dont' get there, i may make it, you never know.

It's a fun time, my wife and son will go with me. I enjoy talking to knife makers I've met before and meeting new ones as much as I enjoy the knives. The biggest challenge for me is deciding when to go. I've picked up knives on Friday that I was shocked to find and I've gotten some really good bargains on Sunday when people were starting to prep for the trip home. If it was closer I would go each day.

If it went it would have to be Saturday and stay in town somewhere and return home inn
Sunday.

Well I'm back from the show. Had a great time, actually could have spent another day if it wasn't for work. Its amazing the wealth of knowledge these knife makers have. Some have 60 years experience and are happy to share with anyone interested. One of the knife makers wives had a booth showing her husbands work .He had passed away and had a beautiful display of knives that looked more like art which belonged in a museum, not for sale.
Take care, John S.

Thanks for the info about the show, are you referring to the Badger show?

Have fun for me too if I dont' get there, i may make it, you never know.
Did you make it to the SVKC show? It was probably the best show I've been to there. Not only plenty of sharp things but so many people that were a pleasure to talk with.

Did you make it to the SVKC show? It was probably the best show I've been to there. Not only plenty of sharp things but so many people that were a pleasure to talk with.
No, did not make it, thanks for the update, maybe next year. It sneaks up on me. Glad it was a good one. :D

Back