Baking in a Canteen Cup

Finally got some time the other day to get to the woods for a little bit. Did a little knife work, friction fire, and some cooking. I am testing this new rig from Heavy Cover. Looking good so far.

[video=youtube;uKWb8unQZAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKWb8unQZAU&feature=c4-overview&list=UUnHwxnLdWlkpvCrfwGoPZ9Q[/video]

Threw in some pics also.

CC1_zps6a01a20c.jpg

CC2_zps454fa8f4.jpg

CC3_zps1e07f806.jpg

CC4_zpsa6e3280c.jpg

You mean you don't want to pack a Dutch oven. Very smart idea Peach cobbler is another one that will work easily.

Terry,

Awesome stuff as usual. It;s great to see someone who has been dong this for so long, still Loving it and being innovative. Thanks. I wanna be you when I grow up... Best regards
-John

Well done! The coals on top is the key. I used to do the same with a small "fry bake" pan in camp - baking mostly with heat on top, rather than from the bottom and it works great. Biscuits, cornbread, etc. are easy with that method.

Nice canteen!!! Is it proprietary dimensions, or will it fit milspec items?

Peach Cobbler. I used about 1/3 of a cup of yellow cake mix and just added enough water to make it like paste. The peaches came from one of those plastic single serve packages.

Peachcobbler1_zps7bb1ee12.jpg

Peachcobbler2_zpsa5ee826d.jpg

Peachcobbler3_zpsda9f296e.jpg

Peachcobbler4_zpsa50abe57.jpg

Peachcobbler5_zps87095675.jpg

Back