Balisong Trainers in Australia?

[If this isn't allowed mods then you may delete this thread.]

Hey, I'm from Australia, and because live bladed balisong's are illegal here, I choose to buy a trainer, I got it from eBay for 8 dollars ($14 including postage) and It did the job but it has worn out and i'm looking to get a better trainer. I bought this trainer before December 14th, before the laws for importing weapons were modified, and a few friends of mine had their trainers siezed by customs, but a few of my friends have got them in no worries, and i'm just wondering, were the ones that weren't siezed by customs just a fluke, like they weren't checked?

I have set my eyes on the 114BTR, if they are legal and will get through customs I will have no hesitation to order one.

Here is the trainer and the site I want to order it from: 114BTR

Thanks for reading. :D

Hello 2manyknives, and thanks for the response. Customs said that parts of the balisong count as a balisong so therefore require permission to import yet some of my mates still got some in without permission, so I dont know whats going on, and others say its still legal to import.

Really I just dont want to waste 50 dollars on a trainer and just get it siezed, but yeah if anyone else has any info then don't hesitate to post :)

Well I would likie to It would be a challenge but I dont have the equiptment to do it and I dont have the experience to use the tools.

[If this isn't allowed mods then you may delete this thread.]

Hey, I'm from Australia, and because live bladed balisong's are illegal here, I choose to buy a trainer, I got it from eBay for 8 dollars ($14 including postage) and It did the job but it has worn out and i'm looking to get a better trainer. I bought this trainer before December 14th, before the laws for importing weapons were modified, and a few friends of mine had their trainers siezed by customs, but a few of my friends have got them in no worries, and i'm just wondering, were the ones that weren't siezed by customs just a fluke, like they weren't checked?

I have set my eyes on the 114BTR, if they are legal and will get through customs I will have no hesitation to order one.

Here is the trainer and the site I want to order it from: 114BTR

Thanks for reading. :D

depending on if its a trainer blade or not, customs may suspect that you may sharpen the trainer blades, actually sharp butterfly knifes are illegal in Australia, and sometimes you can only order trainers from inside of aus. if you want to order from outside of aus he safest way is to get a permit form from the home affairs website, and ask someone to mail it to you, or give the producer a copy and ask them to ship the knife with the paperwork, and also you will have to pay tax.
and another alternative is the squiddy from squid industries and its made out of a heavy duty plastic, its just a lot lighter than a normal full metal trainer. if you don't want to risk, just get that, i have ordered in the aus and it does get though customes.

Back