Band Breaker or no?

I recently bought a Crowfoot and it has been demanding siblings. I'll pick up a Bitterroot as soon as I can find one for sale but a big brother to take on heavier tasks is what the Crowfoot really wants. I've been looking at the Ravens and my credit card fingers are starting to itch but I can't decide between the blade with or without a band breaker. Any pros and cons between the two from anyone out there?

Thanks in advance,

WWill

WWILL,it just depends on if you think you will use it or not.It definately benefits saving the edge of your blade and would also be great for chopping bone or breaking bands.I have carried the standard without the bandbreaker for a year now and love it.I dont like the looks of the bandbreaker but it does serve a function.If you plan on abusive chopping(bands,bone,light metal)then yes get it,but if you just plan to use it normally then I would say no.

Thanks, marsupial. Since I haven't seen any other replies I'll have to assume that everyone agrees with you.

Pro BandBreaker: added functionality for heavy duty cutting/chopping.

Con BandBreaker: $25 and aesthetic concerns.

Does anyone have a good picture (or can point me to one) of a Raven with band breaker so that I can make a better aesthetic judgement :)

WWill

Thanks much for the feedback, Rob. I'm amazed at the Crowfoot. That little knife just sings to me. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a Raven. I was thinking you should sell a Mid-Tech "family" as a package with matching grips: Raven, Urban Raven, Crowfoot and Bitterroot. A knife for every occasion.

Saw somewhere that you were considering a Crowfoot with a Wharncliff style blade. Sign me up for one out of the first batch.

WWill

Back