Bark River Shining Mountain

Yes there is a preorder. They are great knives I've had two of them.

Yes there is a preorder. They are great knives I've had two of them.

Curious to hear more about that. If they are so great why did you buy one, sold it, bought another and sold that too? Assuming that was the case?

Because while they are great knives I like full tang knives better. The shape of the blade is what really drew me to it. I've seen videos of people chopping with them and the knife held up with no issues. But like I said I like full tang knives better.

Their tang is still very beefy. I can't recall where I saw it apart but it doesn't thin down as much as many of those cheaper welded threaded tangs.

Their tang is still very beefy. I can't recall where I saw it apart but it doesn't thin down as much as many of those cheaper welded threaded tangs.
maxresdefault.jpg

Yup I agree. I'm not taking anything away from it, but my personal preference is full tang.

Yup I agree. I'm not taking anything away from it, but my personal preference is full tang.
And yet you bought two of them.... I understand preferring a full tang. Technically that is a full tang, just reduced to fit the handle. People make a big thing out of a "full tang", but if you use a knife for knife tasks, even a reduced tang is plenty strong unless there is a structural defect in the steel or the knife is abused.

Like this one that I picked up. The reason I liked the Shining Mountain Bowie was because it is the same blade from Inglorious Basterds. I just love the look of that knife. So when I seen this full tang custom it reminded me of it so I picked it up.View attachment 991880 View attachment 991881

And yet you bought two of them.... I understand preferring a full tang. Technically that is a full tang, just reduced to fit the handle. People make a big thing out of a "full tang", but if you use a knife for knife tasks, even a reduced tang is plenty strong unless there is a structural defect in the steel or the knife is abused.
I'm not quite sure why you are being a bit argumentative here....the op asked an open question and I answered him. I bought and sold two of them because I wanted too.

I'm not quite sure why you are being a bit argumentative here ....the op asked an open question and I answered him. I bought and sold two of them because I wanted too.
No big thing on the argumentative aspect from me.... (Marcinek must be rubbing off on me.) ;)

I was just wondering why you got rid of them, two of them which probably meant you bought them at different times and certainly knew the knife the second time around. I agree you have every right to buy and sell what ever you choose and "wanted to" is as good a reason as any. :D Sometimes I wish I would sell some knife stuff just to lighten the load and "wanted to" is probably the only reason I would have.

Personally, I doubt I would ever pre-order a Bark River knife. They produce so many different handles that I would like to see the pictures before I ordered.

No big thing on the argumentative aspect from me.... (Marcinek must be rubbing off on me.) ;)

I was just wondering why you got rid of them, two of them which probably meant you bought them at different times and certainly knew the knife the second time around. I agree you have every right to buy and sell what ever you choose and "wanted to" is as good a reason as any. :D Sometimes I wish I would sell some knife stuff just to lighten the load and "wanted to" is probably the only reason I would have.

Personally, I doubt I would ever pre-order a Bark River knife. They produce so many different handles that I would like to see the pictures before I ordered.
I really got them for a lot less than the retail price. I had so many points from a knife website I got a good discount. Oh and I sold them both to buy full tang knives.

Back