BAS review

I woke up yesterday to a lovely surprise - the mailman holding a long brown box ( you guys know the one). I ran upstairs and ripped the box open only to find the most beautiful blade I have ever seen. I showed my girlfriend and Mom to which I got the response "that isnt a knife Brendan it is a deadly weapon " the look on their faces !!

I immediatly ran outside and due to time constraints chopped a 5inch thick log, relatively hard wood (fence post) - the BAS ate the wood and chunks were flying everywhere. Girlfriend called that she was ready so ran back inside and went out for the day (didnt want to).

Came home in the afternoon and said I have to chop some firewood so I would get some peace. Carried on chopping the fence post. After 15 minutes I had 3 1 foot firelogs and 1 stiff arm. Had a rest and then carried on, 10 minutes later the post was gone and I had 5 logs. I examined the blade for any signs of distress and the butcap was slightly loose but the keeper and tang were still solid so no worries. There was 2 small dents in the blade and the chakma took care of those.

Overall this khukuri is a thing of beauty and definetly has a "spirit". Im not sure of the exact lenght or weight yet but Bura made it and my hat is off for him.

Thanks Uncle Bill !!!

What are you getting next? An AK might be better for woodchopping. Or a WWII. Or a Ganga Ram. I am not enabling HIKV or anything.;)

Congrats on the new blade. If Mom and girlfriend think the BAS is a deadly weapon (which it is and a good tool) waite till they see some of the other knives I'm sure you will eventually get.

Have a good one and God Bless!!!

Yep, what Pappy said!:)

There's something magic about the first khukuri that doesn't wear off even when you get bigger and more exotic ones down the road:) Enjoy Brendan and welcome to the club:D

Sounds like you're off to a heck of a start chopping-wise:D

Back