Basic camp/utility knife

Received a Basic camp/utility knife with orange G-10 handles. This is a great knife at a very reasonable price. Thanks

SuttonD, thank you for the purchase. I hope you enjoy the knife. As with all of the knives I make I'd appreciate any feedback you have when you get a chance to use the knife.

Here is a picture of the knife for those interested.

047.jpg

SDS

Real Nice Camp/Utility Knife, You did a Great Job on that one Shawn, Look's to be a Very Well Made Camp Knife, What are the Spec.'s on that Beauty ?

Thanks Snake Dr. I don't have the exact measurements on it but it was of 3/16" 154cm with approx. a 5 inch blade. It has a full flat grind with an orange G10 handle, stainless corby bolts and stainless lanyard tube.

The sheath in the picture was replaced with a better, right handed brown sheath.

I have another similar one with desert ironwood handles that I should probably post up in the for sale forum. I have a show coming up in Tulsa next month though and I need to keep a few things to take up there. I have another one in the works too.

Thanks,
SDS

Thanks Snake Dr. I don't have the exact measurements on it but it was of 3/16" 154cm with approx. a 5 inch blade. It has a full flat grind with an orange G10 handle, stainless corby bolts and stainless lanyard tube.

The sheath in the picture was replaced with a better, right handed brown sheath.

I have another similar one with desert ironwood handles that I should probably post up in the for sale forum. I have a show coming up in Tulsa next month though and I need to keep a few things to take up there. I have another one in the works too.

Thanks,
SDS

hmm, what show? I might be out of town, but if it is later in the month i might be able to make it.

Great work on the knife!

The Oklahoma KGA show is Aug. 29th. Here is some information on the show from the KGA website.....

"Oklahoma Custom Knife Show for 2009

Acquired additional expanded space

August 29,2009 10:00 AM till 7:00 PM Tulsa Civic Center - Conference Hall (7600 square feet for tables and two large rooms for seminars and photography)

The host lodging will be at the Double Tree Hotel, 616 W. 7th St, Tulsa, OK. 74127. (Google Map) We have reserved a block of rooms at the rate of $79.00 per night plus tax. Ask for "TKS" group rate, phone no. 918-587-8000. An air bridge connects the Hotel to Civic Center Conference Hall.

Demonstrations planned:

Jerry Fisk will MC a cutting demonstration with World Championship competitors. A must see for those interested in understanding a knife's cutting performance.

Charlie Conners will demonstrate his award winning techniques in scrimshaw. He will be demonstrating on a works in progress.

Ray Kirk will give a knife sharpening tips and knife safety seminar for the using knife.

Tom McGuiness will give a class on a Burr King grinder with the knife making attachments "

I'd love to see anyone from the forums at the show.
SDS

Thanks,
SDS

Thank's for the Info. Shawn, I've pretty much got Order's In that'll keep me from Buying anything In the Next Month, Maybe If you bring the one with Desert Ironwood Scale's and If by chance It dont sell let me know, Thank's !

Last edited:
Anytime you get a bunch of knifemakers/knifenuts in the same rooms it's fun. It's always fun to see what other makers have done and talk about new ideas or techniques.

SnakeDr., I'll let you know if I still have that knife after the show. If I don't I can make one for you whenever your ready for it. Just let me know.

SDS

Anytime you get a bunch of knifemakers/knifenuts in the same rooms it's fun. It's always fun to see what other makers have done and talk about new ideas or techniques.

SnakeDr., I'll let you know if I still have that knife after the show. If I don't I can make one for you whenever your ready for it. Just let me know.

SDS

Alright that sound's like a plan ! I like the Style of this Camp Knife, Look's like a Heavy Duty rendition of the Kephart style Knife, Also the one you got listed In the Knife maker's section with the Stag Handle with the Bear Paw Track engraved In to the Sheath I like that one also, If you still have that one and If It dont go at the Show I'll take It also, So If the Show Is at the end of August, I'll be able to Buy It the First week In September, Let me know on that one If you would, I would of already bought It but I bought a Bunch of Knive's from David Farmer and Koyote that set me Back, And I still have some on Order, But I'll be ready In September ! :thumbup: :cool:

This Is the one Shawn, I cant believe this Beauty didnt sell, If you still have this one after the Show I'll take It, But like I say It'll be the First week In September,

wj875s.jpg

Last edited:
I really like that little knife in the picture. I don't do a lot of convex grinds but I liked the look on that one. I was a little surprised it didn't get more bites but there are a lot of really great knives posted up for sale on here so I didn't worry about it. There are also a lot of folks that don't care for copper on a knife and the guard on this one is copper. That may have been a turn off for some.

The Tulsa show is Aug. 29th and I'd still like to finish up a few more knives between now and then. I'll try to post up some pictures if I manage to get them done in time.

That camp knife is just good, heavy duty, all around utility knife that should stand up to a lot of use. I had never really thought of it as a heavy duty Kephart style but it does have a lot of similarities.

SDS

This Camp/Utility Knife Is a Winner ! Good Luck at the Upcoming Show, Take Lot's of picture's to Share on your Forum,

Back