Basic Members can't vote in polls?

The last few polls I've tried to vote in have resulted in me getting the "access denied" page. This is new. I've voted in polls before.

Is it policy or a bug?

Pierre

Since the current up dates, basic members rights have been lowerd. Now you cant search, or vote.

It would be nice if this kind of thing were mentioned in the sticky post at the top. Says no searching, but nothing about polls, or other features that basic members were used to but now don't have access to.

Pierre

Dear Basic Members:

Please cosider yourself as Illegal Aliens, and we Real Members don't really care what you think. :p

Gee you guys, that is a real bummer about the polls.

Now you know how the gold members feel about: SERVER TOO BUSY.

Pay to Play. Do your part.

Nice? speaking in a strictly pc way...NO.

True? speaking any way you want to mention?

YES.

What is the point of having a poling feature for Gold members if most of our members can not participate in them?

n2s

It's a BENNY MAN!

That's why all of us do anything.

These folks want to play: ...?

There are many basic members who aren't here much and some that $20 is a lot.

BUT, if a basic member, who has been here for years, talks about his $300 and more knife; I don't understand that.

I would REALLY hate to lose this place.

Spark honestly doesn't want the basic members harassed and I might be in trouble again.

Remarks about basic members are the opinions of the authors (and would be more appropriate in the Whine & Cheese forum) and do not reflect the attitude of the Bladeforums administration. Everyone is welcome to use Bladeforums without paying.

I don't know why voting in polls was disabled for basic members. Maybe that's a granularity thing -- most software is not infinitely customizable and it's often impossible to disable one feature without disabling others too.

Net polls have never served any purpose but fun anyway (they're too easy to hack for anyone to take them seriously).

Originally posted by RGRAY

Spark honestly doesn't want the basic members harassed and I might be in trouble again.

Rick, you can tell Spark for me, I'll stop harassing the basic members, but it'll cost him.

Bwahahahahaha

Originally posted by PhilL
Dear Basic Members:

Please cosider yourself as Illegal Aliens, and we Real Members don't really care what you think. :p

:D You're killing me. :D
I'm tryin' to figure out a way to charge basic members to search for them. It'll be like one of those cell phones you prepay. PayPal me 2.50 a month and I'll give you 2 searches per day.(SHHHH! don't tell 'em that's the same as $30):D

Phillip

As a basic member, Ihave looked into being an upgraded member. $30 is not much for the benefits that are available.Here's my rub: I'm only home 3-4 days a month , so I dont have the oppertunity to post alot or participate in the hot topics as they happen.I looked at the list of benefits and there are NONE that I would use. Why would I pay for something that would do me no good at all? Instead, I used that $30 toward a knife that I bought from 1SKS.
I have Emailed Spark twice in the past when the Membership Question came up. I would gladly pay $10-15 for a basic membership as I would and do subscribe to a couple of knife mags. The information here is well worth it!!
Well, thanks for reading this.
guy

Originally posted by guy g
...$30 is not much for the benefits that are available...Why would I pay for something that would do me no good at all?...The information here is well worth it!...

Maybe to make sure it will be here.:)

Back