• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Battery Junction BLACK FRIDAY MESS

I had a really bad experience on my last purchase from Battery Junction.
I made a good amount purchase on Black Friday because of the good prices of the available items.

I waited them to ship the items ... after 3 days (not even Cyber Monday I could get more) they sent an email that the items would be delayed, plus two days later, THEY CANCEL IT, saying they were unavailable ... but When I bought everything, It was accused that all were IN STOCK. Not even a warning or something like that...

After a long time of fighting, comings and goings, several emails, one of the items ended up having to be CHANGED (against my will) and two CANCELED.

No apologies and not even one compensation. On the contrary, the item that had to be replaced was neither close to what I wanted and it was offered on Black Friday.

In the end I had to buy the items I wanted for a VERY HIGHER price at another store, missing out the Black Friday offerings that I could have taken advantage.

It was the fourth AND LAST purchase made in this company. I do not recommend.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I am their customer for a few years now, and they have always been reasonable to deal with.

I think you were pretty happy with the first three purchases... While I do understand it sucks to lose out on a good price, stuff happens around BlackFriday (BF) -- when several people are trying to grab the same items a "race condition" kicks in that may show the item to be in stock, when it is not. You'll be hard pressed to find one person who always had stellar experience with online/internet purchases around BF. :) They could have handled the replacements differently, or offered you a coupon, but I don't think it warrants such a big stink...

Hope you find a dealer that better serves your needs.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I am their customer for a few years now, and they have always been reasonable to deal with.

I think you were pretty happy with the first three purchases... While I do understand it sucks to lose out on a good price, stuff happens around BlackFriday (BF) -- when several people are trying to grab the same items a "race condition" kicks in that may show the item to be in stock, when it is not. You'll be hard pressed to find one person who always had stellar experience with online/internet purchases around BF. :) They could have handled the replacements differently, or offered you a coupon, but I don't think it warrants such a big stink...

Hope you find a dealer that better serves your needs.

I just had a regular experience on the first three purchases.
There are no excuses for the "race condition". It was made such big annoucements about their Black Friday. They should be prepared for that...It´s simple.
Any primitive stock system could manage the "race condition".

But, after all, they just lose me, my brother and a good friend as customers...it´s almost nothing for them but what happened was a clear lack of respect for the customer.
I´ll pay up to double on other purchases in a different place but wont buy anymore from them.

What batteries were you looking for? I usually order from illum and a few others. I shop around for best prices before I do because sometimes there are others. But illum is the best I've had thus far.

Although not ideal, this stuff happens that time of year. Retailers only have so much in stock/available and at some point they run out. Often their inventory systems and on-line store may become out of sync.
Again, it can stink (it's happened to me before too) but it's common and not worth making a huge stink about.

Sale items often sale fast and can be out of stock. I guess you can continue to pay very higher prices at the other store?

I've been a happy customer there for well over 10 years. Things happen, and one misfire isn't a good reason to throw them under the bus. They're still a good company, with good prices, a nice selection, generally free shipping, and freebies much of the time. It's too bad you had a poor experience, and hopefully it is not indicative of a change. Time will tell.

I've bought from them for years. However, starting about two years ago, no matter what cookie settings I use on my iPad, every item I place in my cart disappears when I go to checkout. Their pop ups tell me it's my cookie settings. I stopped buying from them because of the hassle. No problem anywhere else on the net.

I've bought from them for years. However, starting about two years ago, no matter what cookie settings I use on my iPad, every item I place in my cart disappears when I go to checkout. Their pop ups tell me it's my cookie settings. I stopped buying from them because of the hassle. No problem anywhere else on the net.

Tried a different browser? Or checked your cookie settings? Firefox is generally good with shitty web-frameworks, then is Chrome. Problems occur on Opera, Safari, and potentially Windows browsers(?)... I've never had an issue with them (Battery Junction), use Firefox regularly.

Last edited:
Reactions: BFS
Back