Battle Mistress Handle New v Old???

MDP,

The new handles can be seen in a full-page ad in the newest BLADE magazine.

Brian_T
brianthornburg@home.com

Pics can be seen on my temp site now and commercial site by tomorrow.

------------------
Andy Prisco, Manager
Sharper Instinct, LLC
Phone: 1-201-493-2469
Orders-Toll Free: 1-877-557-5200
Fax: 1-201-493-2039
Visa & Mastercard Accepted

Authorized Dealers:
Busse Combat Knives and Big East Traditional Bows

Professional Shooting Svcs: Corporate Training and Stress Mgmt.

Busse Combat Variant Temp. HQ http://home.earthlink.net/~gregrnamin/andy/sharper.htm

Sharper Instinct Website www.sharperinstinct.com

Nooooooooo

I don't like the new bent handles
frown.gif
(( I like the old straight ones.... anyone want to keep a straigt one for me while i save up the $??? j/k...mostly

James

------------------
All knives are created equal, then i get my dirty big hands on them and the real fun begins.

Will..... i don't know if it was just me, but the point of your last post was?

------------------
All knives are created equal, then i get my dirty big hands on them and the real fun begins.

James--sorry for the confusion. It was meant to be a compliment.

To me, the advantages of the new design are self-evident, but if you'd like more description:

1.) The angle between handle and blade gives more chopping power.
2.) The curve in the handle fits the natural curve in a human grip, making it more comfortable and secure.
3.) Angling the anchor hole talons away from the hand avoids contact and blisters.
4.) Dropping the point aligns the point more closely with the center of gravity and with the centerline of the grip, so that when the point is driven, the thrusting force is more efficiently aligned with the point.

Glad to oblige.

[This message has been edited by WILL YORK (edited 03-29-2000).]

Will,

Good eye! You picked up on almost every improvement! How you did this from a picture that small confuses me greatly. I was particularly impressesed that you noticed the difference in talon design and the reasoning behind it. Excellent work.

Yours in subtle changes that aren't,
Jerry Busse

Hi Jerry

Don't tell Andy but double click that small image .....it is larger than your screen.

I must admit that the new handle shape will most likely grow on me ....... I have a SH on order with Andy. The BM is more of a drop point than a Bowie. Mark my words ......The BM I will be worth significantly more shorlty ...... that is just the way it is and no reflection on the redesign itself.... you know, they don't build cars like they used to type mentality.

PS : Andy, I can still see my fingers on your shoulder ;-)

[This message has been edited by Aubrey (edited 03-29-2000).]

Thanks Aubrey,

I went to Andy's site and double clicked on the picture and by golly it did get huge. I don't want to alarm anyone but I am thinking about leaving the knife industry to go into computer programming. Now that I know the hand symbol means that I can click on something it's a whole new world! Here I thought I just had a really friendly computer that liked to wave at me occasionally. So much for computers being your friend.

Yours in hands that mean "click on me you idiot, I am not waving hello",
Jerry Busse

Thank you, Jerry. A compliment from the master himself.

It looks like you also opened up the choil to make it easier on bare hands and a better fit for a gloved index finger. Couldn't be sure from the photo.
Hopefully, in the event of nuclear holocaust, the BM won't be the only surviving sign of man's achievement. But if it is, at least our tool-making ability will have been well represented.

Yours (as in "you got me"),
Will

Now, about that machete...

[This message has been edited by WILL YORK (edited 03-29-2000).]

:
I always thought the Battle Mistress looked like a very well designed combat knife that would do what combat knives do very well!!

Now it looks as if it will do it very comfortably as well.!!
I LIKE It!! A Lot!!

------------------
>>>>---¥vsa---->®

The hardy adventurer just drank from a stream he thought was pure glacier fed water not knowing that upstream was being used by a herd of yaks as a giant bidet.

I said he was hardy, not smart.:)

Khukuri FAQ

Back