Battle Mistress

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm relatively new to Busse. I have been a dyed in the wool Randall man for many years. My question is whether the Battle Mistress comes with a sheath. Also, are there any in stock anywhere with the tan handle slabs. What is the coating made of and how corrosion resistant are the INFI knives.

Thanks for your help,

Tim

Wow
smile.gif
Strange no one replied...
Anyways, as the owner of 4 BMs (+ that bolo I'm waiting for a loong time
smile.gif
) I can say that's a terrific blade.
I suggest yuo check Cliff Stamps Battle Mistress Review. IMHO a very good review, at least that was what influenced my decision to buy the very first BM
wink.gif
After that it's easy
wink.gif

And do the search on this forum, you'll get tonns of info...

------------------
zvis.com
Have Fun,
Alligator

[This message has been edited by Gator97 (edited 02-09-2001).]

Hi Tim,

Check out Cliff Stamps exhaustive review of the Battle Mistress:
http://www.physics.mun.ca/~sstamp/knives/busse_bm.html
He talks about corrosion testing the blade in that review.

Re: sheaths. The multi-carry sheath pictured in Cliff's review is much nicer than the simplistic kydex one I've seen on another straight handled BM. The sheaths on the new E-handled Busse blades are quite nice IMHO. They have a kydex liner epoxied into a cordura outer layer that has a pocket sewn to it. There's another thread on this forum that asked what people were putting into that pocket. http://www.bladeforums.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000725.html

Hope that helps,
Greg

p.s. Oops, I see Gator had a slightly quicker search than I did for Cliff's review URL.
smile.gif
Thx, Gator.

[This message has been edited by RokJok (edited 02-09-2001).]

Definitely check into Cliff's review. The name Cliff Stamp can make most knifemaker's blood run cold. Cliff has broken more knives than any ten men and has caused more knife manufacturers to change their warranties to NOT include abuse than any other writer out there. He is a one man destruction team whose approach to knife testing has been very academic in nature and very objective. He has made statements about our knives that have stung, but at least you can rest assured that his comments are not biased or intended to promote any particular manufacturer.

One knife that was sent to Cliff was returned three times before it made it through to him. Rumor has it that Cliff's address had been cut off of the box. . . . .. from the inside! That knife must've known what it was in for. When we send one to Cliff, the call goes out, "Dead Knife Shipping" and all the other knives bow their heads somberly. .. and thankfully.

Best of luck in your search,

Yours in nuclear test results,

Jerry Busse

The best Cliff Stamp comment I have seen in Bladeforums is that a knifemaker getting a call from Cliff is the equivalent of a politician receiving a call from 60 Minutes.

Mike in Seattle

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RokJok:
Oops, I see Gator had a slightly quicker search than I did for Cliff's review URL.
smile.gif
Thx, Gator.
</font>
wink.gif
I have Cliff's site bookmarked.
I guess it's rather Thanks Cliff.

------------------
zvis.com
Have Fun,
Alligator

Back