bdws1975.

This is a post about a very generous young man who is an example of the higher class of gentlemen I have found here.

Brett and I had some conversation about pocket fixed blades. I went on about the lessons I have learned from the little Buck Hartsook I was gifted a year and a half ago by a friend with teminal cancer. It changed alot of my knife carrying habits, and even though I had thought the little thing sort of a joke at first, it was a very serious edc knife.

Brett also has been interested in a small pocket fixed blade as an un-folding pocket knife. He had a few made by a Mr. Mike Miller, and to my very great surprise, he sent me one. Thanks to Brett, I now have a small, very neat little knife that has bumped my other pocket knives for edc duty.

With a 2 inch blade, and 2 1/2 handle, its a very pocketable little cutter. blade is 01, and handle is grey dyed girraffe bone.

Brett is one of those guys who make this forum the place it is.

Thank you Brett!

I'll third that. Brett is one of the best here, and I am proud to call him a friend. :thumbup:

One of my favorite folksy friends here as well. We made a trade quite a while back and I was lucky enough to have made his acquaintance through that trade. From there we had several more conversations over time and I soon realized his fine character as well. He continues to bring much enrichment to this forum through his thoughtful and honest contributions and frankly the place would not be the same without him.

Thanks Brett.. :thumbup:

I cant wait til my next trip to OKC so he and I can have that shot of crown.. ;)

R

Yep Brett is a good bloke!!
That was very nice of you Brett.
Mitch

He has a great sense of humour and adds a lot to the several of the sub-forums. I hope is experiment is working out okay...

Yeah Brett,good going,nice move,very generous.
Brett & I have talked & traded some too,no doubt,the man is top shelf :D
-Vince

wow guys. I just saw this thread and I'm not sure what to say. Each person who has responded here has become a friend to me over the last couple years.
Thank you for your kind words. It really means a lot.

jackknife: I'm glad you're enjoying that knife. Mike makes a fine blade and he's a wonderful person. I'm sure it will serve you for a long time to come.

Take care,
Brett

Thanks for making this forum the great place it is. That goes for both of you JK and Brett.

Peter

You can thank me. I molded Brett!! :)
You deserve every word, Buddy! ;)
Rolf

Brett'S enthusiasm for knives make him a gem to work with on design. He likes to try everything and can't find fault on anything. It says a lot abbout the person he is. A GREAT GUY jackknife have fun wth the knife and if you find any faults please pass them on to me. By the way that one was ground on an 18 inch wheel which I thought would improve the slicing ability. Mike Miller

Thanks for making this forum the great place it is. That goes for both of you JK and Brett.

Peter

I forgot to say this,too,on my post,Thanks JK for the stories.I can't say I have read every one of 'em,but the ones I did were really good,Again,Thanks JK for your contributions,as well,
-Vince

hey mike!

Thanks so much for your kind words. I actually like your thinner model a bit better than my original design. It definitely slices a bit better.

I've kept the two others and love them both. the red bone handled one resides in my backpack. I love it!

Take care all!

Brett
Brett'S enthusiasm for knives make him a gem to work with on design. He likes to try everything and can't find fault on anything. It says a lot abbout the person he is. A GREAT GUY jackknife have fun wth the knife and if you find any faults please pass them on to me. By the way that one was ground on an 18 inch wheel which I thought would improve the slicing ability. Mike Miller

Any chance of a picture posted here of one of these ?

Mr. Miller sir, I love the knife, and it already has been put to work over the few days I've had it. This may sound like a strage way of putting it, but given the blade shape and geometry, it's like having a miniture chefs knife in the pocket. Wide thin blade takes a hair poping edge that goes right through cardboard, twine, foodstuff, plastic packaging.

Good looker too!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ok guys, here are so pics of the miller knives. I kept the two that were based on my designs strictly. The white micarta handled one was first and the redbone was second. They're both sharp as all get out.

I love them equally....:)

enjoy the pics!

Brett

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

IMG_1913.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

Back