• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Be Careful @mpearson

Ha! That’s interesting.

I think selling on BladeForums is a very interesting deal when you have little to no feedback. On one hand, people have no track record, but on the other hand, I’m basically that guy right now! Albeit with just a few transactions accumulated. I.E. getting feedback when you have no feedback can be hard.

Obviously this has no bearing on the conversation above and is totally my random comments.

If the seller wants to ruin his rep, good for him! We’ll know for next time. His thread on the exchange has been closed based on this. If he ever gets back up on the exchange, he’s just lost me as a prospect. And I’m sure many of y’all.

Thanks to Dimashkieh Dimashkieh for the well-deserved warning. I would not want to deal with this guy myself, and I think that’s the point of why the OP created this thread for: to just let other people know.

However, while I personally probably wouldn’t deal with this guy, he could probably get some of what little credit he had back by offering a sincere apology, issuing the partial refund, and explaining that he’d just had a terrible day.

Life happens. Crud happens. No excuse to be dishonest and rude, but if you apologize and explain you’ll get way farther.

Boru13 Boru13

I've sent a PM to the offending party with a link to this thread and a request for him to explain why he has not fulfilled the promises made to the OP regarding the transaction.

I have also advised that failure to respond and explain will result in his account being banned.

(I included you in the conversation, Boru13 Boru13 , so that we can handle the matter jointly.)

hour-glass-timer.gif

Since I’ve been reported for harassment, that might be sooner rather than later.
............is there a specific form for this ? Is it required that the report be witnessed ? Must it be delivered to the IA supervisor or just over the counter ? Is the supporting evidence required at the time or submission or will this be canvasses during interview ? Asking for a friend...... :D :D

............is there a specific form for this ? Is it required that the report be witnessed ? Must it be delivered to the IA supervisor or just over the counter ? Is the supporting evidence required at the time or submission or will this be canvasses during interview ? Asking for a friend...... :D :D
Andy, we've just made a report to Canberra. Were I you, I'd get away from the door...

🤣

LOL M mpearson gtfo here with your “restocking fee.” Another dealer trying to avoid paying for the privilege to sell here and one more for the ignore list

LOL M mpearson gtfo here with your “restocking fee.” Another dealer trying to avoid paying for the privilege to sell here and one more for the ignore list
To update... Boru13 Boru13 and I have been in contact with M mpearson and are in the process of getting to the bottom of the matter.

In summary, he has stated that he will pay the OP (hopefully) this Friday as the matter had dropped off his radar and alleges he was short on funds.
(He has been advised to employ notifications from the site so he won't be forgetful in future, should he remain a member, which is still a matter in flux.)

He has been advised to address the matters of "customers", restocking fees" and "hundreds of sales" to clarify whether he needs to be considered a dealer or not...or given the boot.

If the OP is not compensated per their agreement, or we do not receive adequate and appropriate responses to our inquiry in a timely fashion, M mpearson will join others who are no longer members of this community.

We have not forgotten the matter, and we are actively pursuing its closure...one way or another.

To update... Boru13 Boru13 and I have been in contact with M mpearson and are in the process of getting to the bottom of the matter.

In summary, he has stated that he will pay the OP (hopefully) this Friday as the matter had dropped off his radar and alleges he was short on funds.
(He has been advised to employ notifications from the site so he won't be forgetful in future, should he remain a member, which is still a matter in flux.)

He has been advised to address the matters of "customers", restocking fees" and "hundreds of sales" to clarify whether he needs to be considered a dealer or not...or given the boot.

If the OP is not compensated per their agreement, or we do not receive adequate and appropriate responses to our inquiry in a timely fashion, M mpearson will join others who are no longer members of this community.

We have not forgotten the matter, and we are actively pursuing its closure...one way or another.
Gentlemen, I appreciate your follow up. It is very satisfying to be part of a community that cares.

One more time, it is not (and was never) about the $40, and this is why I was hesitant to post about the issue in the first place. I am glad I did though. Whether he will refund me or not, will not make a difference to me. I hope he learned something out of this. As I told him in one message, this community values honesty above anything else, and he should have presented the knife as it really is.

I will update you when and if he refunded me.

Many thanks again,

After further consultation with my friend and colleague Boru13 Boru13 , M mpearson is no longer a member in good standing of our community following his failure to take his responsibility and his promises to the OP seriously.

OP, please report any future change of status in regard to your transaction here.

After further consultation with my friend and colleague Boru13 Boru13 , M mpearson is no longer a member in good standing of our community following his failure to take his responsibility and his promises to the OP seriously.

OP, please report any future change of status in regard to your transaction here.
Sure, as of literally now, he never refunded me nor did he contact me.

Thank you for your follow up, and I will update you if anything changes.

It is amazing to me that people still haven’t learned that this forum is built on trust and that we at bladeforums flush out scammers and people with no integrity on the regular.

Dimashkieh Dimashkieh please post mpearson’s contact info so other buyers will know not to deal with him under another name.
All I have is his full name, Matthew Pearson, and me a link to PayPal, @zooeydavechapelle, he sent me to send him money. There was no email attached to it. I have his return address, but I don’t think it’s appropriate to share it.

940E37C1-1950-4090-ADA0-E8AC97DD6057.jpeg

Back