Recommendation? Becker Bk2 is it fake

Here is the direct answer from KABAR.

KA-BAR is no longer engraving USA on the blade. This is a running change on all products. This item is manufactured in the USA with German steel.

So there you have it my friends. Settled ! Its real and thats how the knife engravings will be from now on. Thanks for all the help, comments and support!

Here is the direct answer from KABAR.

KA-BAR is no longer engraving USA on the blade. This is a running change on all products. This item is manufactured in the USA with German steel.

So there you have it my friends. Settled ! Its real and thats how the knife engravings will be from now on. Thanks for all the help, comments and support!

some stupid new law iirc, if all matericals are not sourced 100% in the USA, even if assembled here, they can't brand it as USA made (german steel)

USA made is also not appreciated the world round anymore, so sales are better likely without it

and it takes less time to etch ;)

some stupid new law iirc, if all matericals are not sourced 100% in the USA, even if assembled here, they can't brand it as USA made (german steel)

USA made is also not appreciated the world round anymore, so sales are better likely without it

and it takes less time to etch ;)

I don’t think the law is stupid. It keeps companies honest. A knife made with German steel is not “Made in the USA.” Yet Kabar still charges “made in the USA” prices and left up all the old photos on their Amazon listings saying “USA” on the blade. This is a clearly fraudulent practice. And I’m sorry you have no pride in your country and the “Made in the USA” stamp. America has serious problems, but there are still lots of quality knives with “Made in the USA” on them. As a veteran, I am proud of that and what it still represents in the world.

Regards,

CW

I don’t think the law is stupid. It keeps companies honest. A knife made with German steel is not “Made in the USA.” Yet Kabar still charges “made in the USA” prices and left up all the old photos on their Amazon listings saying “USA” on the blade. This is a clearly fraudulent practice. And I’m sorry you have no pride in your country and the “Made in the USA” stamp. America has serious problems, but there are still lots of quality knives with “Made in the USA” on them. As a veteran, I am proud of that and what it still represents in the world.

Regards,

CW
Bit of an extreme jump to say that Bladite Bladite has “no pride in your country”.

Back