Becker BK7 opinions as a camp knife

rc3mil

BANNED
Anyone have any problems with this knife using it to baton and do camp stuff? Knifeworks and knivesshipfree don't have em. Any idea if the blade is still in production? Is it a good knife? How does it compare to the RAT Cutlery RC6?

I left my thoughts on your general thread. I think most will agree in this subforum. :)

Here they are:

I recently acquired a BK7 (have a BK2 and BK11 as well...seeing a pattern here? ) and i did some grilling this past weekend. While not as beefy as the BK2, the BK7 did just fine spliting up some hickory that i used for grilling. I did go through the wood and graze it on some concrete..but no worries there... ill hit it w/ the stones and strop and itll be back to mirror edge. I think you will be quite pleased w/ it. Also, go to either the becker subforum or the wilderness skills + survival forum and search out mistwalker's "BK7 Revisited" thread. GREAT CHOICE W/ BECKER!

If you truly want a workhorse/beast go w/ the BK2. That thing is a tank w/ a handle...wow. Believe it and cockroaches will be around after WW3. I am on my second BK2...traded one for my BK7 and missed the BK2...so i got another....

Hope this helps somewhat

also, tomars kabars and or chestnutridge knife shop would be a great place to look too...chestnuts site: http://64.176.233.199/catalog/index.php

Anyone have any problems with this knife using it to baton and do camp stuff? Knifeworks and knivesshipfree don't have em. Any idea if the blade is still in production? Is it a good knife? How does it compare to the RAT Cutlery RC6?

Have you checked with these people yet to see if they have them in stock?
http://www.tomarskabars.com/Becker_Knives.html

I liked the BK7 since the first day I received it in the Mail.
It's a great bang for the Buck, all round work horse of a knife.
I don't think you'll be sorry owning one of these.
But don't take it from me, I own 4 of them now. LOL:D:):D
BTW I don't own a RC6.....................Yet!:D
Also I'll Chop with a Knife and I have yet to baton with a Knife yet. I own an Ax.

I like both ESEE and Becker blades.They are my two favs when it comes to users.You can't go wrong with either brand.

I consider the BK7 a somewhat improved USMC KaBar. It's sort of a hybrid of the American Marine KaBar knife and the British MOD IV survival/combat knife, and has the best features of both IMO.

It's my #2 favorite Becker.

I do a fare amount of camping...and practice survival skills weekly my bk7 and my sak are my go to blades... I've baton the snot out of it...processed fire wood, scraped tinder, made bowdrill sets, cared trap parts, feather sticks spoons, built shelters. cleared brambles, and sliced up dinner numerous times with mine.. it always asks for more..it is more than a knife tome it is a trusted companion....
I just got a second as a spare... they are avail..at knifecenter..but I found them to be very reasonable on amazon of all places.

it's a terrible camp knife because it'll make you want to go camping more...

we have a tons of threads on the BK07... find! read! people are doing amazing things with this lineup.

Bladite

Another site you might try that may have them is rockynational.com. great customer service and a good price, even with shipping, it's a good price.

Back