Becker Crewman in Brown

The Crewman's looking good in his new brown micarta sideburns and leather pants :)

SANY0032-1.jpg

SANY0016-4.jpg

SANY0015-6.jpg

very nice...

mmm, crewmans. mmm... oh ToooOOOoooj!!!

Bladite

Ok. I've had a few nips of whisky, but that's neither here nor there. I, sadly, own a Camillus made Crewman. I say "sadly" because I was smart (dumb?) enough to never use, carry, or even sharpen mine. I bought it from a local dealer as soon as I caught wind here on good ole Bladeforums that Camillus was going under like a hammer in a lake. It is one of my three "safe queen" knives. The other two are a Case full-size Cheetah and a Schrade USA made 1410T. I don't have much use for knives that I'm afraid to take out and use, but I've kept these three un-deflowered in the original boxes with the original papers because they aren't made anymore. I'd rather put my money on them than the stock market in times like these. So, what I want to know is why the heck Ka-Bar doesn't make a new Becker Crewman. Yeah, I know there's the Campanion with the extruded tang "headache maker", but it's no Crewman due to it's excessive thickness and lack of a thumb ramp. Who needs a 5 and a half inch long blade that's .25" thick? Becker Train Wrecker it may be, but I don't wreck too many trains. Thick blades are, in my experience, tougher to sharpen. The Crewman seems, to me, like a snub-nosed .454 revolver: too short for it's massiveness, if that's a word. My BK9 isn't that thick, and it has more than stood up to what I've put it through. I see boo-koos of postings here about the Crewman, and I know I'd buy a Ka-Bar made one in a moment, as I think some of you here would too. So come off of it, Ka-Bar, and make a new Crewman. Sorry for my two cents that was too long, but I want a Crewman I can use, abuse, and not cry 'bout if I lose.

I have no doubts that, that is the best looking becker I have seen. It says "beat on me" real loud, and in a seductive voice. If I ever get my hands on one watch out.

The wait is almost over fellas. With the growing variety of handles and sheaths, it's funner dressing it up than my GI Joe with the Kung Fu grip :D

SANY0010-8.jpg

Nice work. I can't wait till Ka-bar BK10. In my opinion it's more practical design than campanion (especialy 1/4" one).
I would love to see the new crewman in silver-brown colors. All-black is a bit to tactical for turist/camping use.

I love the crewman as well and I will be buying one when it comes out but I hope they decide to sell it in a uncoated version cause that looks nicer then all black IMO

Back