Becker Necker para cord wrap thread

He are a few in fun, 80's ski jacket colors. The yellow one just has one extra twist in the middle vs. the orange one.

someone likes their beckers neckers :)

next day i have sunshine and free time, i'm going to post SUCH a picture you'll just love :) heh heh :)

Bladite

Just got my Necker in this afternoon.
It feels great, even without a wrap... but I just couldn't stop myself!

wrap01.jpg

High-Res version available here.

For this wrap, I...
  1. Gutted the supplied cordage and melted the ends.
  2. Threaded one end through the top hole and tied and overhand knot.
  3. Pulled a bit of cord through and began wrapping down, keeping the knot end pointed down, held to the frame.
  4. Once at the bar, I pushed the knot into the empty hole and continued on.
  5. Once at the bottom, I threaded the cord through one hole... then the other and continued the wrap back upwards.
  6. Three wraps from the top, I grabbed a 2ft piece of fishing line and formed a loop. I threaded this loop through the front side and out the back.
  7. I finished wrapping, being sure to keep the loop of the fishing line under each loop around.
  8. Once at the top, I threaded the cord through the loop and gave a few tugs from the other side, pulling the cord through.
  9. Pulling the cord tight, I measured to just past the end of the wrap, cut and melted the end.
  10. Using a small screwdriver, I lifted up the last three wraps just enough to thread the fishing line up to form another loop to pull the end of the cord through, completing the wrap.
It's not the most perfect wrap ever devised by man, but I like it.
A few dabs of superglue may be required towards the bottom if I end up keeping it this way, but it looks like it will hold up quite well even without it.

Edit // Opted to re-wrap this morning when the bottom loop slipped off and I realized I was out of superglue.

wrap02.jpg

High resolution available here.

1. Pushed a loop through the top hole using a small screwdriver, leaving an inch on one tag end and the rest on the other.
  2. Brought the short end around and through the bottom of the loop, pointed towards the tip of the knife.
  3. Tightened down the loop carefully to leave as little of the tag end sticking through as possible. With the loop tightened and the end melted, it should not come apart.
  4. Wrapped the remaining cord down the handle, through the center each turn.
  5. A few turns from the bottom I wrapped in a loop of fishing line as described in the first how-to.
  6. Once at the bottom, I wrapped the end around the wire breaker and into the loop of fishing line; trim to fit and work the end through.
I am liking this wrap much better than the first. It is far less bulky (I like a slender knife) and shouldn't ever need to be glued into place.

Last edited:
Thought I would post my BK11 cord wrap...I did it a couple weeks ago...

I hope you like it. I like to leave enough cord for a wrist or thumb lanyard, the cord lock gives me the flexibility to use it for either.

BK11_Cord_Wrap1.jpg
BK11_Cord_Wrap2.jpg

Just wrapped mine. Unfortunatley I cut the cord too shot on the front to tie it together, so i'll have to do it again when I get more paracord.

Nice job, Chewbacca. About how much para-cord did that take? I have a Necker in-bound, and am planning to wrap the handle, too.

I don't know if this will be a problem with the Ka-Bars, because they are a different steel than the Camillus made Becker Neckers were, but the other day I took the paracord wrap off of my Camillus Becker Necker and discovered that it had rusted a good bit under the paracord.
I sanded and brushed off all the rust and black coating of the handle area, and I'm going to try to spray paint it black later with some good-quality spray paint.
But I doubt I'll be cord wrapping the handle of my new Ka-Bar Becker when I get it.
I did wear the knife alot under my t-shirt, so the cord wrap probably soaked up some sweat, but I was thinking the black coating over the metal would stand up to that.
Instead, it appears that the cordwrap, though it was very tightly wrapped, somehow rubbed against the finish, wearing down to the metal.
Then, when the rust started, it spread under the black finish.
Luckily, the damage was just cosmetic. Once I re-paint it, it will look fine.
But no more cord wrapping of carbon steel for me. Your experience may vary, though.

69'er

I couldn't even tell you how much cord I used, I would guess I probably cut about 5' and cut some off when I was done. Blaze orange is nice since I have a tendency to lose things in the woods!

SWEET! Two comments: First of all, I really like your wrap. What size cord is it and how did you start it on the reverse side? And secondly, Did you strip and blue the Necker? Looks blued to my old eyes... :)

On the back side by the blade the para cord is just a straight line across and I used gutted 550 para cord.

Finish is factory.

Here are some more pics.

P1030746.jpg

P1030748.jpg

P1030751.jpg

Thought I would post my BK11 cord wrap...I did it a couple weeks ago...

I hope you like it. I like to leave enough cord for a wrist or thumb lanyard, the cord lock gives me the flexibility to use it for either.

View attachment 124795
View attachment 124797

I used the same exact wrapping technique, but I used the included black cord and left enough room for a wrist lanyard and belt loops on the sheath. The cord that came with mine was 5 feet 4 inches and I had around 8" left over.

Photos added.
The wrapped Necker...
008-9.jpg

In my hand...
009-8.jpg

The sheath, set up for vertical belt carry...
006-10.jpg

Flip it over and it's set up for horizontal belt carry...
007-9.jpg

Back