Becker+survival kit setup......

Finally snapped some quick pics…

Pouch is a Voodoo BDU wallet I think. Molle straps on the back so I can strap it on my water bottle pouch when I'm fishing, or throw it in my pack when hiking/bp'ing. Then I can strap it to my belt beside my BK16 as I'm setting up camp.

Inside:

Mini button compass on one lanyard, whistle, flashlight, and some ductape on the other one.

Contents:

Fire: mini bic, firesteel, 6 firestraws, small chunk of fatwood.

Shelter: SOL heat shield, 15' paracord, 20' (?) jute twine

Water: 2 baggies, plastic, with 1L and 2L markings on them. 10 water treatment tabs. Small vial of bleach (gets changed out every spring).

First aid: various band-aids, 2 alcohol wipes, gauze pads, tube of crazy glue, eye juice for my contacts, lip balm (also for fire), pain meds, anti diarrhea pills x 2, antihistamine pills x 2.

Repair: 3' ductape, 3 mini zip ties, safety pins, needle prethreaded with 3' dental floss. 3' snare wire.

Signaling: whistle, mini light, mirror, sharpie plus 3 sheets of waterproof paper.

Couple of coins for the wilderness vending machines (Should put some paper money in there one of these days).

Either a SAK rucksack or Leatherman Rebar.

And a bandanna, because, you know…[emoji3]

I didn't see any water purification items. Or containers/cups.

Yeah, I'd second this. Canteen, stainless cup, and purification tablets. I'd add two more means of getting a fire started. That should cover the very most basic situation depending on your location, of course. And waterproof it all.

Survivormind

Thanks, and it should; I'm pretty sure you're one the people I asked to see the contents of their daypack when I was setting it up [emoji3]

Now that's funny!

I just got a factory 2nd Vanquest maximizer slim to use for backpacking or hiking that I can toss in any bag and it gives me survival and toiletries great little bag and I think this is my best one yet taking from all I learned from various edc/survival bags I've carried over the past few years... forgive me for the non becker related content although I believe I'm going to swap out the GEC bullbuster for a BK13, already took it out on a test run and its fantastic. It'll just have to go in the bear bag at night because of the toiletry stuff

If you've got questions ask, one thing that wont be obvious is I have two pieces of bailing wire around the left side and I use that with the 2 ft piece of heavy duty tinfoil to make a pot with a handle to boil water in, also hidden are the vegetable grocery bags for water collection and storage if need be and the altoids tin is a mini fire kit, stormproof matches, striker glued to the lid, jute twine, cotton ball and a little bag of pj

IMG_20151205_153426091_zpshyu5kys0.jpg

IMG_20151205_153259_zpsd9oc8kzf.jpg

oh and the right side also had a rear pocket and that houses a pretty decent IFAK just no trauma but I figure a plastic bag and duct tape for a chest seal and a bandana as a compression/tourniqet and you can even use 550 cord with a jam not to really get a hold of the bleeding if the bandana doesn't do it but I'd caution to leave that as last resort.

I'd skip the water purification tabs and go for a small bottle of liquid iodine. The tabs are expensive and have a short shelf life once opened. The liquid is cheap, doesn't go bad nearly as fast once opened, and also gives you wound disinfection capability.

I've started carrying a small dropper of bleach for water purification, and a smaller accessory cord instead of 550 cord, it allows the carry of more in a smaller package.

I would ditch that cheapy folder as you already have the 2 and the multi tool.

I'd replace the chemlight with a photon light or a small headlamp.

Not sure what's amongst all your box from pics, but I would make sure you have purification tablets, pack or two of condoms - great emergency water carriers. I also have a cheap, tight packed Tampax too (lots of compressed cotton) for emergency tinder! You'd be surprised how much just one yields of cotton amount. In case you don't have that brand, its a kind of bullet shaped feminine hygiene product.

They're also good for bullet or stab wounds by expanding to fill the would and control bleeding. Great idea!

As long as we are going there, feminine pads work very well to contain blood loss. Plus cost a hell of a lot less.

Nice set-up! For what i can spot of the pics, a few items will make it even better. I would add a (Bic) lighter, a army style emergency bandage and some sort of water boiling contraption (billycan, steel cup, metal canteen etc.)

They're also good for bullet or stab wounds by expanding to fill the would and control bleeding. Great idea!

As long as it's not a chest wound. ID card works pretty well for that, or saran wrap. Something to make a tourniquet isn't a bad idea if you're building a survival kit that might involve an active shooter.

Back