Becker versitility

I was outside today cooking in the backyard I needed something to strain water off what I was cooking. The BK10 is wide enough to hold the food in while draining off liquids. I have taken to carrying my BK-10 if I am up and about on weekends even around the yard it is handy

I was outside today cooking in the backyard I needed something to strain water off what I was cooking. The BK10 is wide enough to hold the food in while draining off liquids. I have taken to carrying my BK-10 if I am up and about on weekends even around the yard it is handy

We should write a book... "101 Things You Should Never Do With A Knife.... But You WILL Anyhow."

I've opened Many 100's of beer bottles with mine.

While we are discussing things not to do with a knife. Any ideals on mounting it to a crutch ? Since I am looking at 2 months on crutches coming up
:(

While we are discussing things not to do with a knife. Any ideals on mounting it to a crutch ? Since I am looking at 2 months on crutches coming up
Just throw it in your pocket, You will be wearing pants correct?

Here's my Top Ten list of unknifey things my Beckers did:

1. Opening Beer bottles
2. Hammering nails
3. Wedging a door shut
4. Scooping ice cream
5. Removing tiles
6. Cleaning a pan
7. Acting as a paperweight
8. Acting as weight for a helium filled balloon at a wedding
9. Acting as a leveling wedge underneath a table
10. Acting as a handle for a fallen tree (to move it from the street)

:)

:thumbsup:;):);):cool:
Forget mounting it to your crutch. You need to convince the doc to mold you a custom kydex/plaster/gauze sheath affixed right on the cast itself. I think that’s how you build cyborgs.

Here's my Top Ten list of unknifey things my Beckers did:

1. Opening Beer bottles
2. Hammering nails
3. Wedging a door shut
4. Scooping ice cream
5. Removing tiles
6. Cleaning a pan
7. Acting as a paperweight
8. Acting as weight for a helium filled balloon at a wedding
9. Acting as a leveling wedge underneath a table
10. Acting as a handle for a fallen tree (to move it from the street)

:)
How about prop up phone during a video doctors appointment ?

Most versatile Becker, the BK4.

The most versatile in production Becker, the BK9.

Most versatile Becker, the BK4.

The most versatile in production Becker, the BK9.

To your point, a large knife can do a small knife's job - though perhaps not perfectly while a small knife cannot do what a large knife can. The BK-4 demonstrates this. While the BK-9 is said to chop better than the BK-4, the latter is one very versatile large knife.

The BK-4, 5 and 15 are my favorites; apparently my tastes are not in line with the purchasing masses it would appear.

To your point, a large knife can do a small knife's job - though perhaps not perfectly while a small knife cannot do what a large knife can. The BK-4 demonstrates this. While the BK-9 is said to chop better than the BK-4, the latter is one very versatile large knife.

The BK-4, 5 and 15 are my favorites; apparently my tastes are not in line with the purchasing masses it would appear.

Oh so true! But still a smaller knife does have its many uses. Not saying the big knife is the end all of all things to do all things, just it can do what it needs to do more jack of all tradesie stuff than a smaller knife can do more niche nicely can do.

You have a great knife combo there! I don't got a 15 but my 5 I find can do smaller knife tasks just as or better than most smaller knives can. Good thing I got the 5 when I got one before they went bye bye. Same as my 4. Wish I could of gotten another 4, so I have to get by with my three 9s and a 5 and two 2s. :D But I got the smaller knives covered literally all over the place, even giving them to the younger nieces and nephews have just begun to dent the over stock pile. (Classic Bucks and Gerber folders usually)

Oh so true! But still a smaller knife does have its many uses. Not saying the big knife is the end all of all things to do all things, just it can do what it needs to do more jack of all tradesie stuff than a smaller knife can do more niche nicely can do.

You have a great knife combo there! I don't got a 15 but my 5 I find can do smaller knife tasks just as or better than most smaller knives can. Good thing I got the 5 when I got one before they went bye bye. Same as my 4. Wish I could of gotten another 4, so I have to get by with my three 9s and a 5 and two 2s. :D But I got the smaller knives covered literally all over the place, even giving them to the younger nieces and nephews have just begun to dent the over stock pile. (Classic Bucks and Gerber folders usually)

I think your collection sounds just about Perfect!
don't worry about not having a 15.
I thought I was going to love it, but I recently got one, modded it a Bunch, looks Awesome.....but just isn't for me.
I don't like the small handles. Just doesn't feel right, and I even thickened them with a filler. (I might make a 15 post?) or even sell it? I'm not sure yet?

What I'd recommend you looking into, if you want another Becker is the 62... It's really good.
second favorite, next to my modded "BK Kniven 5"
the 62 can do everything.

Back