Beckerhead Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me also suggest that you fill the now-moved firearms thread in Gadgets and Gear with as much Becker and gun content as you can muster.
If the thread is going off the reservation, then it can be an inroad for folks who might not know about Becker Knife and Tool.

ok i am new to this forum stuff. would you mind explaining what was just said. Yo no comprendo.

check out this wrap job, I saw it on stormdrane's blogspot while looking for a zipper sinnet braid.
CIMG0292_640x.jpg

Dang slapper, that is a fantastic turks head. Never would have though to do that. Hmmm... Stormdrane knows his stuff when it comes to knots. Made my bracelet off one of his examples.

Sorry if I mislead you guys, That picture belongs to Stormdrane. I just wanted you guys to see it.

I deleted all mine, that was for the becker subf.

I'll have to admit I thought that also, there would be nothing but dashes in every post. But anyway I saw a thread about firearms somewhere else on this site. It was 27 pages and the thread was labled part 3, It kinda makes me wonder...

Put a wicked sharp edge on my BK-11 yesterday using a Lansky kit. That sucker is Sharp now. Before sharpening, there was no noticeable damage from the previous batoning through logs duty it pulled a couple of months ago. Great little knife, glad I could do it some justice with the Lansky. Next sharpening project will be the BK-2.

I see some good hammock distances there. :D
Now, everywhere I go, I'm looking for trees the right distance apart to sling a hammock. :p

I think I am going to start locking my old threads so people can't necropost in them. Too many really old threads getting brought back. What do you guys think?

I think I am going to start locking my old threads so people can't necropost in them. Too many really old threads getting brought back. What do you guys think?

Nah, I vote leave 'em open.
New guys are good for the community, and honestly, I'd rather see them post relevant material in an older thread (as long as it's not ancient) rather than start the forty-fifth thread on well-trodden territory.
Just goes to show they're using the Search function like we often recommend.
Sometimes, it feels like you're posting the same ideas over and over. Better just to post them once in a single thread, I think.
Yesterday and today, for example, we had two threads on the the BK-14 sheath. Just one thread would have sufficed.
Your call and your threads though. As a Gold Member, you have the right to lock the threads you start.

Yeah the talking biscuit has a point. We just need to get the new guys using the search function that's all.

I think that it's good to see some of the old threads that were around before I was. I lot of the cool stuff wouldn't get seen again If we locked them. Like Those video's that Moose did on woodland skills, and the BK3 vs. the Dodge, and Oregon Fal'er's log notchingw/ the pommel. I'll bet most of the new guys haven't seen those. I'm sure there is a lot of cool stuff that I havent seen.

Maybe we need an "cool stuff" thread(sticky) that stays locked and has things like Brab's BK2 and those videos I mentioned. But only the posts combined w/o the chatter. Like a picture and video introduction for new Becker enthusiasts, and then we could have a discussion thread about it like we do the the contests. It would keep the old knowledge alive and the cool stuff at the forefront. We could vote on the content so that it doesnt get too cluttered.

whatchall think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back