BeckerWest Fall Gathering 2018. Nov. 9th-11th

I am getting my stuff together, will see you guys rather soon.

XJvGxNu.jpg

Wow...
What a fantastic weekend!!
The weather stayed dry which was nice, but evenings and mornings were definitely on the chilly side.
I always look forward to the BeckerWest gatherings and this one did not dissapoint! Good friends, good food, and a lot of good fun!

Thank you Ethan and Ka-Bar for the extremely epic box of awesome swag to giveaway for our competitions!!

Awesome-O was gracious enough to host the competitions again. First he had us draw numbers and pair up with a team mate. Then each team was given a “survival knife” that came with a small companion knife and the bottom of the sheath had a sling shot on it. Haha.
The competitions included firemaking, sling shot, and BB gun shoot.
I was teamed up with Awesome-O and we took the points for the fire contest.

sWGHQ21.jpg

Y4YQoze.jpg

CP4rbEK.jpg

JcZYqEq.jpg

6FtJu3g.jpg

AjgUres.jpg

pM5K36R.jpg

jLzp57l.jpg

ddtLAld.jpg

Then we had the sling shot contest. Each team got 10 shots to hit a can. RRR and Joe won with...2.
Shooting a sling shot from the bottom of a survival knife sheath is harder than it looks Haha!!

KUuWMuC.jpg

Next up was the BB gun shoot. It was a tight battle that came down to the end. Abrasion and Pádruig mounted an epic comeback and took the overall 1st place by tightest of margins. Me and Awesome -O took 2nd overall and I think Kyle and FALER came in 3rd.

Thanks to everyone who came out and all of those that keep making this such an enjoyable weekend!

Looking forward to the next gathering in the Spring!! Yes KingMC, we will still have one in the Spring. Haha.

And of course thanks to Ka-Bar for the Legit box of goods, Ethan who called them and asked them to send it, my father in law who rescued it from being stolen from my old house. and all those who attended, especially the one who sold me a knife and took a verbal promissory note for future payment. Oh and the guy who let me mooch his single malt scotches and smoke his plum pudding, I really like that guy.

Awesome to see the pics guys.
Looks like a great gettogether.
One thing I notived... For knifenuts you guys sure don't shave alot :p
Or is there a Beckerbeards chapter I haven't heard of ;)

Some other pics:
Well, I guess I don't have enough posts to get that privilege... some day
AF1QipNPSVmh19AwPwPt26ejbgWuCVps4rbi9wXsM2xH

AF1QipO51C0GJHc-YbzQ9v_EepXbxtD5Q3leSwVj7JPy

AF1QipMp5DMhNjtcka3Mi6AA2kbFSDv26nqNF7yGZdu6

AF1QipP7xJE4LTiTEZo8v1h8EjuFGOAu6Crp7xghb6ig

AF1QipNV2BpqxnNCFIVp2Rx8p3eTg1-iliA8GVun0DL3

AF1QipMm8DI-_Avt_8Ypv0Nu7Xe8PfbhwzbmbgLydpj8

AF1QipMR3gIU-91pu9z0Xff9fvT3iB5ewNmxQR3FJtea

AF1QipPOvhS7tIwRT5bqINFp_DFH_ahVEUUG7WP-NxM6

AF1QipPX6dERotkGgIDkzbkVTNG773oyW44sCGge6S_S

Last edited:
Well, finally have a chance to catch up and post a pic or two.

This was my 4th Becker West (if I am doing my math right) and it was a blast like it usually is. A bit thinner of a crowd and I missed some faces from previous gatherings but it was a terrific event nonetheless. Lots of great food, beverages, a cigar or three, great camaraderie, and of course, the knives. We do it for the knives.

Big thanks to Ethan for the designs and knives that bring us together. A big thank you to Ka-bar for the awesome box of swag. A shout out to Jonny, Nate, and Tom for organizing the event and conducting the contests, it was a hell of a lot of fun. Can't wait until spring.

A couple of scenic shots:

0wMFoMX.jpg

uuwQKQL.jpg

XIzxMsW.jpg

Dm3lws1.jpg

Purchased my first Siegle. Thanks, Bill!

za4imzw.jpg

Acquired this brute:

DK5bOCG.jpg

And to keep it on point, scored a couple of minty Beckers.

pgpwE8g.jpg

And a bunch of swag:

oiv0ULI.jpg

Until next time.

Back