Behold the Brass (and Copper) Bolstered Beauties!

Love this lamb and the facets of the bolster. Remind me…who is the maker? I can’t quite make out the stamp or etch.

The photography skills of some of these guys is impressive, I'm just happy to turn out photos that look something like a knife! :cool: The knife is a TW Ablett, and it was my grand entrance to the Guardians thread. It really is a little gem.

I used some copper a few years back, mostly on kitchen knives:

kByGMm0.jpg

Bvfid74.jpg

mdTTphH.jpg

tLAQMQl.jpg

vuxtffZ.jpg

But brass has been my standard for years:

SHzTNj9.jpg

aEYfNwA.jpg

A1rvWUb.jpg

Sometimes I've had it engraved:

AiUfYIx.jpg

cuqeiOJ.jpg

zudYoXY.jpg
Wow. I love your use of mosaic pins with the brass. Your second brass bolstered knife with the green covers…what model is this? Length?

This one oozes cool. Great to have in the collection no doubt.

I have a few examples- all Bucks- but here is my favorite and most used. This was from the run of Rangers with 5160 steel, I wish they would do some more!! I had this one on my hip today while doing yard chores👍

I love Bucks that have been well loved and thoroughly carried. The brass patinas so well. And when you are so used to seeing the classic 110/112/55 clip, a ranger looks so good to the eyes.

Wow. I love your use of mosaic pins with the brass. Your second brass bolstered knife with the green covers…what model is this? Length?

I love Bucks that have been well loved and thoroughly carried. The brass patinas so well. And when you are so used to seeing the classic 110/112/55 clip, a ranger looks so good to the eyes.
Thanks! It’s nice and just the right amount of heft. 😀

That is a Paisano. Overall length is about 6.5". That one is clay coated (during heat treat), 26C3 steel with sheephorn scales with green liners underneath the sheephorn. Thanks.

1967 brazen-bolstered Buck 110 that one of my brothers had in his toolbox for decades. He gave it to me several years ago.
110.pile.closed.jpg

This Le Thiers by Coursolle has brass covers. I suppose you could say it has brass bolsters if you think of it as an "anti-shadow pattern" – instead of NO bolsters on the handle, it's ALL bolsters.
mark.open.brick.jpeg

Here's brass gone to the dogs:
dogs.mark.open.jpg
dogs.pile.closed.jpg

- GT

Back