1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Benchmade 2018 Catalog

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by halden.doerge, Dec 18, 2017.

1. uofaengr

uofaengr

Jan 9, 2014
    Would've preferred 3-3.25", but different strokes I guess. Either way, one I'd likely have to handle and purchase in person.

2. Yakkiebush

Yakkiebush

Nov 25, 2016
    Any idea what the cost maybe .if there is ever one lol ?
    Maybe $160.00 ish

3. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    If MAP is 35% off MSRP it should be $150. I think that's still standard for Benchmade.

4. mastiffhound

mastiffhound

Dec 27, 2013
    I still haven't got my 2017 catalog, which I even contacted the BM about twice this year. Both times I spoke to someone that assured me they were going to send it. The last time was in September or October. Maybe they'll find it in their hearts next year to send me one. I didn't get the 2016 catalog either. It's getting damn ridiculous really. I guess they'd rather not have more money from me?

5. Stainz

Stainz

Jun 24, 2007
    I guess I am fortunate to live ~30 minutes NE of Birmingham's 'Mark's Outdoors', an award winning Benchmade dealer. I visited the store last Saturday, first time in six months, and found Mel Pardue visiting! Mel is BM's senior designer and an artisan knifemaker from Repton, AL. My wife actually paid for my second custom Pardue knife while we were there - it'll be a great Christmas! They still had 2017 BM catalogs. My son usually gifts me moola for Christmas, so I'll be back there to spend it... on a BM, of course!

Captain Howdy likes this.
  6. halflife78

halflife78 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Then you are closer to Southeastern Guns most likely. My advice would be compare pricing between the 2 before you buy anything.;)

7. Cscotttsss

Cscotttsss Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Agreed, would have loved a 3" as it's about as big as I want to EDC in my office setting but I'll still end up getting one for sure!

8. luke86

luke86

Mar 29, 2015
    Sure hope there gonna have an upgraded bugout this year.

9. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    I'm with the guys cheering for an upgraded Bugout.

20cv steel and maybe some stiffer G10/carbonfiber/micarta scales?

Mo2 and mdrgn79 like this.
  10. Daniel Ebert

Daniel Ebert

Dec 14, 2017
    35%? Where at? The gresham gun shop is 25-30% off msrp. The gold class is 100% msrp. Where as the online retailers are 10-15% off msrp.

Are you in Oregon? Would you mind sharing which stores locally sell at 35%! Good info I can’t wait for the new additions.

11. Stainz

Stainz

Jun 24, 2007
    I bought my first BM, a 551 Grip in 440C, from SEG in 2004 (... and a few more since!). Mark's has the selection - totally unreal!
    Yes... a Bugout with an upgraded blade steel and carbon fiber!! The 2018 BM catalog is eagerly awaited.

12. halden.doerge

halden.doerge I'll Sharpen Your Knife Gold Member

Aug 17, 2014
    I must have been smoking the wrong stuff. Or had Spyderco on the brain (theirs is 35% off). For BM MAP is just 15% off MSRP. So at $220 it should be $187 street.

Yeah, that's a little pricey for what you're getting. Maybe the G10 handled version will have a slightly lower MSRP than the wood handled one, like the original crooked river? We'll see.

Daniel Ebert likes this.
  13. Dallas T

Dallas T

Apr 6, 2013
    Would anyone else also like to see something new like a partial serration that wasn’t half of the blade? Like a small short run 1/4 inch long. Still super useful for rope, zip ties.... but still have majority of straight edge. All companies that do combo ive never scene a small partial, cause isn’t the point of serrations really to help getting the cut started. I think most that don’t like them are due to it being half the blade.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  14. cashville

cashville Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 12, 2017
    Bring back the 586 please

15. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    I'd honest rather see a fully serrated option.

jbmonkey likes this.
  16. scottc3

scottc3 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 11, 2014
    Have you tried a 940-2 or 940-1501? Get em used with patience or REI / Cabelas points to come close in price. Incredible knives! Perfect office EDC.

17. BK14

BK14

Sep 13, 2016
    710?? :(

18. MyLegsAreOk

MyLegsAreOk Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 31, 2017
    I sure hope they got something good this year round. Got 1 knife out of 2017.

Cypress likes this.
  19. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    I really hope they lift their game this year. More knives like the crooked river, 710, adamas, contego, strykers and 940 series. Less generic knives with no personality.

My wish list:
    Adamas 2.0 - stone washed with a more stainless steel
    940/943 with stonewashed Ti scales and M390 or 20cv
    A successor to the 710, something sleek and elegant but very capable with nice timeless lines

20. Jrunr619

Jrunr619

Nov 16, 2017
    When is the catalog expected to come out?