Benchmade 2018 Catalog

Would've preferred 3-3.25", but different strokes I guess. Either way, one I'd likely have to handle and purchase in person.

If MAP is 35% off MSRP it should be $150. I think that's still standard for Benchmade.

I still haven't got my 2017 catalog, which I even contacted the BM about twice this year. Both times I spoke to someone that assured me they were going to send it. The last time was in September or October. Maybe they'll find it in their hearts next year to send me one. I didn't get the 2016 catalog either. It's getting damn ridiculous really. I guess they'd rather not have more money from me?

I guess I am fortunate to live ~30 minutes NE of Birmingham's 'Mark's Outdoors', an award winning Benchmade dealer. I visited the store last Saturday, first time in six months, and found Mel Pardue visiting! Mel is BM's senior designer and an artisan knifemaker from Repton, AL. My wife actually paid for my second custom Pardue knife while we were there - it'll be a great Christmas! They still had 2017 BM catalogs. My son usually gifts me moola for Christmas, so I'll be back there to spend it... on a BM, of course!

I guess I am fortunate to live ~30 minutes NE of Birmingham's 'Mark's Outdoors', an award winning Benchmade dealer. I visited the store last Saturday, first time in six months, and found Mel Pardue visiting! Mel is BM's senior designer and an artisan knifemaker from Repton, AL. My wife actually paid for my second custom Pardue knife while we were there - it'll be a great Christmas! They still had 2017 BM catalogs. My son usually gifts me moola for Christmas, so I'll be back there to spend it... on a BM, of course!

Then you are closer to Southeastern Guns most likely. My advice would be compare pricing between the 2 before you buy anything.;)

Would've preferred 3-3.25", but different strokes I guess. Either way, one I'd likely have to handle and purchase in person.

Agreed, would have loved a 3" as it's about as big as I want to EDC in my office setting but I'll still end up getting one for sure!

I'm with the guys cheering for an upgraded Bugout.

20cv steel and maybe some stiffer G10/carbonfiber/micarta scales?

If MAP is 35% off MSRP it should be $150. I think that's still standard for Benchmade.
35%? Where at? The gresham gun shop is 25-30% off msrp. The gold class is 100% msrp. Where as the online retailers are 10-15% off msrp.

Are you in Oregon? Would you mind sharing which stores locally sell at 35%! Good info I can’t wait for the new additions.

Then you are closer to Southeastern Guns most likely. My advice would be compare pricing between the 2 before you buy anything.;)

I bought my first BM, a 551 Grip in 440C, from SEG in 2004 (... and a few more since!). Mark's has the selection - totally unreal!
Yes... a Bugout with an upgraded blade steel and carbon fiber!! The 2018 BM catalog is eagerly awaited.

35%? Where at? The gresham gun shop is 25-30% off msrp. The gold class is 100% msrp. Where as the online retailers are 10-15% off msrp.

Are you in Oregon? Would you mind sharing which stores locally sell at 35%! Good info I can’t wait for the new additions.

I must have been smoking the wrong stuff. Or had Spyderco on the brain (theirs is 35% off). For BM MAP is just 15% off MSRP. So at $220 it should be $187 street.

Yeah, that's a little pricey for what you're getting. Maybe the G10 handled version will have a slightly lower MSRP than the wood handled one, like the original crooked river? We'll see.

Would anyone else also like to see something new like a partial serration that wasn’t half of the blade? Like a small short run 1/4 inch long. Still super useful for rope, zip ties.... but still have majority of straight edge. All companies that do combo ive never scene a small partial, cause isn’t the point of serrations really to help getting the cut started. I think most that don’t like them are due to it being half the blade.

Last edited:
Would anyone else also like to see something new like a partial serration that wasn’t half of the blade? Like a small short run 1/4 inch long. Still super useful for rope, zip ties.... but still have majority of straight edge. All companies that do combo ive never scene a small partial, cause isn’t the point of serrations really to help getting the cut started. I think most that don’t like them are due to it being half the blade.
I'd honest rather see a fully serrated option.

Agreed, would have loved a 3" as it's about as big as I want to EDC in my office setting but I'll still end up getting one for sure!
Have you tried a 940-2 or 940-1501? Get em used with patience or REI / Cabelas points to come close in price. Incredible knives! Perfect office EDC.

I really hope they lift their game this year. More knives like the crooked river, 710, adamas, contego, strykers and 940 series. Less generic knives with no personality.

My wish list:
Adamas 2.0 - stone washed with a more stainless steel
940/943 with stonewashed Ti scales and M390 or 20cv
A successor to the 710, something sleek and elegant but very capable with nice timeless lines

Back