Benchmade 53: a couple days in the pocket

I gotta say, having had this thing in pocket for a few days and i LOVE IT :D:thumbup:

its a little thick for front pocket carry, but she rides in my back right next to my wallet like there was nothing there. my first bali-song and i'm already able to pull it out and flip it open faster than my axis lock! nothing fancy or pretty, just a quick motion and ready to go.

the blade shape is no nonsense. full flat grind, thick spine and tip, really thin edge. fantastic cutter even with the factory edge. the g10 felt cheap and toy ish at first, but its growing on me. the texture is grippy grippy grippy, and the light weight makes it ride great in the pocket. the handle flex almost seems to act like cushioning in grip. its pretty neat how it works!. just well designed and well functioning. good luck getting it out of my pocket!

i hope to take some nice pictures of it in the relatively near future. my only gripe with this knife is that i should have waited for knifeworks to get it cuz i spent a little more than i needed to lol

Back