Benchmade 531

While on my continuing quest to find .22lr ammo I stopped by a gunstore that had a nice selection of Benchmade knives. I'd always liked the Benchmade 3550 Pardue auto, but not so much the grivory handled regular opening 530. The newer 531 Pardue really impressed me. I like the blade grind better and the G10 handles felt better in my hand. It was even a bit lighter than my Spyderco Delica.

So does anyone have a Benchmade 531? Feedback, opinions?

Thanks.

Personally, I agree with you that I like the handles and I like the grind more on the 531. I like the style they did the G10 in, which to me is kind of similar to the 950 Rift, which is a handle design I absolutely love.

I almost bought one at a shop I was at, but instead opted for a discontinued BM. It is a little thicker than the 530, but it feels more solid and unlike the 530 the ones I have handled did not have that small amount of play. I also like how they still kept it quite thin and very light.

I think if someone is looking for a backup, the 530's spear point, thinner profile, and lower price makes it a better choice than the 531, but the 531's G10, better grip, nice grind, and solid feel make it better for usage as a general EDC. I would also guess that the 531 is going to be a very easy blade to sharpen.

Back