Benchmade 535-3

WzHjE47.jpg
vdkqZS0.jpg
PsKad2i.jpg

Anyone have information about this Benchmade 535-3 Bugout? In particular, the blade is etched with “S90V” steel and the box is labeled as “CPM-Damascus.” Is it a S90V Damascus steel?

There is a lot that looks off with this knife. The 535-3 is a carbon fiber handle with s90V steel. The logo on your blade also looks off with the r next to the logo being one of the major tells of a clone.

Don't feel bad, it happened to me before. Bought from a random guy and lost $80.
Guys buy these off of wish.com for $12 and then screw people over. All you can do is learn from the mistake.

WzHjE47.jpg
vdkqZS0.jpg
PsKad2i.jpg

Anyone have information about this Benchmade 535-3 Bugout? In particular, the blade is etched with “S90V” steel and the box is labeled as “CPM-Damascus.” Is it a S90V Damascus steel?
Not sure I understand. The only “r” I see is right and below the butterfly logo. Every photo I looked at on the Benchmade site has the “R” in that location, meaning registered trademark, so I’m not sure what you mean by saying it’s a giveaway for being a knock off. The knife is solid and obviously well made and constructed, if it’s not authentic they came aweful close. Perhaps you could be more specific when you say things are “off.” Thanks.

I was taken buying a Bugout from a fake site. It was a decent fake but the printing on the box was off and the pivot just spun when attempting to disassemble it. My own fault for not paying closer attention, but it was early in my knife journey.

As stated, the model number on your box is a carbon fiber model. The blade says S90V; not sure what the heck CPM-Damascus is. Where did you buy it?

putting aside the scales, go to bm site to review pics of model with regard to the finer detail of font over butterfly as well as forward slant of s90v font.

putting aside the scales, go to bm site to review pics of model with regard to the finer detail of font over butterfly as well as forward slant of s90v font.
I’m convinced, by the consensus on here, that the knife is a fake. Bought on eBay…lol. Glad I didn’t spend too much on it. I’m still quite satisfied with its construction and operation and have paid more for lesser quality. The blade is solid with no side to side movement, it opens like butter, the blade is super sharp and the axis mechanism is sturdy and operates smoothly. I guess the real test will be how the steel and blade hold up.

If you bought it recently you should be able return and get a refnd. Ebay tends to side with buyers on returns.
Never buy any presently in production on Ebay. Especial;ly if the price is well below what vendors have listed.

If you bought it recently you should be able return and get a refnd. Ebay tends to side with buyers on returns.
Never buy any presently in production on Ebay. Especial;ly if the price is well below what vendors have listed.
I’ve contacted the seller with some questions. If he/she doesn’t respond appropriately, I’ll go ahead and report the item and seller to eBay. Honestly though, I’m only convinced it’s fake by the comments on here. As I said, I’m quite pleased with this knife’s quality, operation and sturdiness and have paid more for others that have less quality. So, I’ll keep it.

I’ve contacted the seller with some questions. If he/she doesn’t respond appropriately, I’ll go ahead and report the item and seller to eBay. Honestly though, I’m only convinced it’s fake by the comments on here. As I said, I’m quite pleased with this knife’s quality, operation and sturdiness and have paid more for others that have less quality. So, I’ll keep it.
I see you got this thread moved to the Benchmade Subforum, where sometimes a Benchmade Rep will chime in if a knife is a suspected counterfeit.
If everyone remained pleased with a counterfeit, it only supports the counterfeting industry, taking away legitimate profits from Bemchmade.
Just a friendly word of warning, folks who praise counterfits won't find much sympathy on BF.

I see you got this thread moved to the Benchmade Subforum, where sometimes a Benchmade Rep will chime in if a knife is a suspected counterfeit.
If everyone remained pleased with a counterfeit, it only supports the counterfeting industry, taking away legitimate profits from Bemchmade.
Just a friendly word of warning, folks who praise counterfits won't find much sympathy on BF.
I understand. I didn’t “move” anything. As I stated, I’m only taking the opinions in this thread as evidence the knife is or might be a clone. I was able to find this particular knife, with titanium scales, on a real vs. fake video where out of about 10 Benchmark Bugout knives, only one was fake. This particular knife was not indicated to be the fake. Maybe after market titanium scales? I’ve contacted the seller and expressed my concerns and, for what it’s worth, he/she assured me it is authentic.🤷🏼‍♂️. So, although I’m taking the opinions seriously, I really still am not completely sold on it being a clone. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

You didn’t “move” the thread, it got moved to a more relevant post area (the Benchmade subforum).

Again, the knife you have shown is absolutely a fake. I mean sure, it’s “real” in that it exists in the physical realm, but it was definitely not made by Benchmade.

It looks exactly like those available on foreign sites that are well known, and who unabashedly sell counterfeits for a fraction of the cost of the real deal. Your seller is either ignorant, or lying to you. My guess is the latter, and they certainly aren’t a Benchmade dealer. I’d even venture to bet they have other “authentic” knives of the big brands available for sale on the auction site at prices too good to be true.

I’m not saying not to be satisfied with your purchase, although buying clones and counterfeits is generally not supported here, but don’t fool yourself into believing it’s the real thing, especially based on the word of an eBay seller.

My fake had blade play side to side and the scales flexed more easily than an original.

Back